The Red Lake Margaret Cochenour Memorial Hospital is hiring a Mental Health and Addictions Therapist! For more information about this LEAP job posting, check out the details below!
Employer Name: Red Lake Margaret Cochenour Memorial Hospital
City: Red Lake
Postal Code: P0V 2M0
Application Deadline: September 21, 2021
Hours of Work: Permanent Full-time
Job Type: Full-Time
Wages: Starting at $36.55 - $41.34 (Based on degree). Full benefits package, including pension, health/dental, vacation
Duties of this LEAP Job Posting:
- Interview clients experiencing mental health and/or addiction problems, involving family members and other resources as appropriate;
- Conduct bio-psycho-social assessment of persons presenting to the agency using mental health and/or addictions screening tools as appropriate;
- Formulate treatment plans and goals with the collaboration of clients and appropriate collaterals;
- Assist clients in achieving identified goals, using acceptable clinical practices;
- Arrange for consultation from other disciplines as necessary (e.g. Psychiatric, Medical, etc.);
- Monitor pharmacological interventions for efficacy and adverse reactions;
- Provide group counselling and psycho-educational workshops as indicated by the needs of agency clientele or the community at large;
- Have an awareness of and assess for all aspects of risk, intervening as appropriate when risk is identified;
- Respond to crisis situations, conducting assessment and taking action to restore persons to their pre-crisis level of functioning (includes CISM);
- Provide consultation to and work with other staff, agencies, and professionals in providing services to those with mental health and addictions problems;
- Respond to requests for consultation from Physicians and Hospital staff with regard to the management of hospitalized patients with emotional and/or addictions issues;
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date files, documenting client functioning, progress, and response to therapeutic interventions;
- Complete documentation in accordance with prescribed agency, Ministry, and legal standards;
- Maintain confidentiality of all information.
- Program and administrative duties, as assigned.
Qualifications for this LEAP Job Posting:
- Master’s Degree in Social Work / Clinical Psychology / Behavioural Science is preferred; however, consideration will be given to experienced
- individuals with a Bachelor’s degree.
- Must be registered / eligible for registration with an appropriate professional college.
- Have direct experience in counselling persons with mental health and/or addictions issues;
- Be skilled in interviewing and conducting clinical assessments with use of standardized tools (e.g. GAIN Q3 MI ONT; OCAN; etc.);
- Have practice in developing clear treatment plans addressing both mental health and addictions issues;
- Use best practice and evidence-based approaches in providing treatment for adults (18+) with a variety of mental health difficulties (e.g. anxiety; trauma; mood disorders; personality disorders; etc.);
- Use evidence-based interventions when providing treatment for persons 12 years and older with substance abuse and problem gambling issues;
- Utilize an integrated treatment approach when addressing co-occurring mental health and addictions issues;
- Have thorough knowledge of the principles and current practices in the field of psychotherapy;
- Be experienced in providing crisis intervention and suicide intervention.
- Be skilled in using Motivational Interviewing, Trans-theoretical Theory of Change, CBT, DBT, and other empirically-supported treatment approaches.
- Familiarity with Aboriginal issues and training in CISM, ASIST, and EMDR is preferred.
- Strong typing, word processing and email skills, a satisfactory Criminal Records Check, a valid driver’s license, and access to a vehicle are necessary.
How To Apply to this LEAP Job Posting:
Please submit cover letter and resume to Pearl Fleming at email@example.com
Advertising Method: General Ad