Red Lake Margaret Cochenour Memorial Hospital are looking for a Mental Health Case Manager! For more information on this LEAP job posting, check out the details below!
The Case Manager works with Clients 18 years and older who are experiencing difficulties as a result of serious and persistent mental illness and at times, co-occurring problems with substance abuse. The Mental Health Case Manager:
- Conducts bio-psychosocial assessments and develops individualized care plans in partnership with the Client;
- Establishes appropriate recovery goals in areas such as life skills, independent living, crisis prevention, budgeting, community integration, symptom management and employment;
- Provides interventions to assist in goal achievement such as advocacy, referral to appropriate community resources, life skill coaching, counselling, crisis intervention, and psycho-education;
- Uses CBT, DBT, SFT and other evidence-based psychotherapeutic approaches;
- Facilitates the meeting of basic needs (housing, medical care, nutrition, etc.);
- Monitors symptomology, medication, and activities of daily living to help improve individuals’ ability to function on a day to day basis and within the community;
- Maintains positive relationships with family members and various community partners/resources (e.g. medical, psychiatric, legal, housing, social services, etc.);
- Conducts home visits and outreach within the community;
- Provides client transportation when required;
- Conducts community education sessions and workshops with the goal of reducing stigma associated with mental illness; and has a genuine interest in living and working in the community of Red Lake.
The successful candidate will have:
- Eroviding case management,
- experience working with persons with serious and persistent mental illness,
- a sound knowledge and understanding of concurrent disorders, and have either an undergraduate social work or nursing degree.
- Other qualifications may be considered, although registration with a professional college in Ontario is required.
- Knowledge of psychotropic medications and experience in working with persons with psychiatric disorders is essential.
- Training in the implementation of the OCAN, suicide intervention, and CISM is an asset.
- Strong typing, word processing and email skills,
- A satisfactory Criminal Records Check,
- A valid driver’s license, and access to a vehicle are necessary.
- Candidates must be eligible to work in Canada.
The Red Lake Margaret Cochenour Memorial Hospital is committed to employment equity. Upon request, accommodation for disabilities can be provided in the hiring process to applicants who meet the required qualifications outlined in the job description.
Persons interested in this position are invited to submit their resume with cover letter to:
Pearl Fleming, Manager of Human Resources
Community Counselling & Addiction Services / RLMCMH
PO Box 5005, Red Lake ON, P0V 2M0
Tel: (807) 727-2231 Email: email@example.com