The Wauzhushk Onigum Nation is hiring a Mental Health & Emotional Wellness Counsellor! For more information about this LEAP job posting, check out the details below!
The Mental Health & Emotional Wellness Counsellor position supports assessment, counseling, planning, facilitation, and community outreach programming with the purpose to foster healthy Indigenous youth, families, and community.
This position collaborates with the Education team, Student Success Leads and other community partners.
- Support planning, facilitation and evaluation of mental health services
- Develop individualized plans and promote healing
- Collaborate with external providers to help schedule treatment sessions
- Conduct intakes, individual and family therapy
- Monthly reporting.
- Using multiple programs such as MS WORD, ZOOM, and EXCEL for the documentation of sensitive information.
- Encourage positive role modelling, behavior designed to instill pride, self-esteem and cultural identity for Anishinaabe students.
- Other duties as assigned by the Wauzhushk Onigum Nation Education Director
- Post-Secondary degree in Social Work, Registered Social Worker or eligible to register with OCSWSSW
- Experience or knowledge of best practices in Youth Counselling
- Training and experience in trauma-informed practice, life skills, addictions, suicide prevention
- Excellent management, planning and organizational skills are required
- A clear criminal record check and vulnerable sector check
- Valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle
- Personal experience and understanding of traditional Anishinaabe culture, values and practices
Please submit Cover Letter and Resume to Education Director, Wendy Kuczma by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or fax at 807-548-3334. Posting open until position is filled. We thank all applicants for their interest in this position, however, only those selected will be contacted for an interview.