Gizhewaadiziwin Health Access Centre is hiring Mental Health Workers (2)! For more information on this LEAP job posting, check out the details below!
The Gizhewaadiziwin Health Access Centre is a community based, Indigenous controlled, Primary Care service that combines western curative care with traditional Ojibway healing philosophies and practices. The Access Centre provides clinical, social, health promotion and preventive services, as well as, access to traditional Ojibway healers.
The Gizhewaadiziwin Health Access Centre, located in the heart of the Fort Frances Tribal Area and the Rainy River District, is the result of a unique partnership between area First Nations, the United Native Friendship Centre and the Sunset Country Metis.
Employer Name: Gizhewaadiziwin Health Access Centre
City: Fort Frances
Postal Code: P9A 3M9
Application Deadline: June 11th, 2022
Hours of Work: 2 Full Time Positions
Job Type: Full-Time
Duties of this LEAP Job Posting:
Reporting to the Program Manager, the Mental Health Worker is responsible for the delivery of mental health services to individuals and families, which includes counselling, support and case management services as well as general education and mental health promotion. Must act as a part of the interdisciplinary team and work closely with Primary Care. This position is based out of the Centre; however, some travel is required as services are also provided in the 10 First Nation communities as well as counselling in Friendship Centre, Metis and school settings. This is a full time, permanent position. As a part of our team, we offer competitive compensation and benefits, including the Healthcare of Ontario Pension Plan (HOOPP).
Qualifications for this LEAP Job Posting:
- University Degree in Social Work or related field
- 2-3 years’ experience
- Registered with the Ontario College of Social Works
- Demonstrated ability to respond to clients and situations with flexibility and adaptability
- Valid Driver’s License
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work as a team member
- Experience with Telus and EMR systems an asset.
- As per policy, applicants should note that COVID-19 vaccination is a condition of employment within Gizhewaadiziwin Health Access Centre.
- Experience and understanding of local Indigenous communities and culture within the Rainy
- River district an asset
- Ability to speak Ojibway is an asset
- First Nations, Inuit or Metis candidates are encouraged to apply. Please self-identify.
How To Apply to this LEAP Job Posting:
A complete Job Description is available by contacting Cheryl McEvoy, Human Resources/Office Manager at 274-3131.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit a resume, covering letter, 3 work related references (one must be from a current or most recent supervisor) and written authorization to contact references.
Attention: Personnel Committee
Gizhewaadiziwin Health Access Centre
RMB 2004, RR #2
Fort Frances, ON
We thank all candidates in advance, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Gizhewaadiziwin is committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. If contacted for an employment opportunity or interviewing, please advise if you require accommodation
Advertising Method: General Ad