The Municipality of Sioux Lookout are looking for a Part-Time Municipal Sanitizer! For more information on this LEAP job posting, check out the details below!
Under the direction of the Facilities Supervisor, Facilities Division, this position performs
necessary sanitation procedures in several Municipal buildings on a daily basis. The Sanitizer will be required to perform tasks such as disinfecting and sanitizing as per the COVID 19 Health and Safety Policies. This person will be required to wear PPE (mask and gloves).
- Ensure proper disinfectant procedures are followed
- Clean and sanitize public and high traffic areas, including waiting rooms, lobbies, and meeting spaces
- Clean and disinfect bathrooms including toilets, door handles and high touch surfaces
- Replenish toilet tissue, paper towel and soap as needed
- Ensure hand sanitization stations are filled
- Work with and understand a number of cleaning chemicals, ensuring the right products are being used for the right jobs
- Clean, wash and disinfect drinking fountains
- Ensure cleaning materials and supplies are stored in a safe and orderly manner
- Assist in monitoring the adequate supply of cleaning materials and supplies
- Restock materials and supplies as needed
- Ensure compliance with WHMIS and any other required legislation regarding chemical products
- Complete required training, including any required health and safety training
- Any other duties as assigned
- Skills Required:
- Knowledge of cleaning materials, methods, equipment and associated safety precautions typically used in custodial work
- Able to make minor repairs and adjustments to cleaning equipment
- Able to recognize safety hazards and to take precautionary
- Able to perform a variety of manual custodial tasks
- Able to stand and walk for periods of medium duration
- Qualifications and Experience:
- Grade 12 Diploma or equivalent.
- Valid Class G Driver’s License.
- Must have personal vehicle available during work hours.
- One (1) year of previous custodial/janitorial experience
To apply for this opportunity, you are invited to submit a detailed resume to the undersigned. This position will be advertised until filled.
Human Resources Department
Municipality of Sioux Lookout
25 Fifth Avenue, Box 158
Sioux Lookout, ON P8T 1A4
E-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Tel: 807-737-2700 Fax: 807-737-8067
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. In accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, the information gathered will be used for the purpose of job selection. Any queries relating to the collection of personal information should be directed to the Municipal Clerk. For additional information visit our website at www.siouxlookout.ca. The Municipality of Sioux Lookout is an equal opportunity employer.