The Ministry of Energy, Northern Development and Mines are looking for a Northern Development Advisor! For more information on this LEAP job posting, check out the details below!
How would you like to contribute your highly developed advisory and program development skills and contribute to the successful delivery of economic development across Northern Ontario in the Dryden area!
- As a member of an integrated area economic development team, you will:
- Provide economic advisory and consultative services to economic and social organizations, First Nations, municipalities, and businesses
- Participate in the development, coordination and delivery of programs and initiatives in the north
- Promote economic development programs and services utilizing a variety of marketing methods, including presentations and in-person meetings
- Prepare briefing materials, reports and responses to inquiries from associations, stakeholders, the public and internal staff
- Establish linkages and maintain on-going relationships with stakeholders and other partners
- Manage economic development projects and undertake research and analysis
• Valid drivers license and willingness to travel to remote areas that may be inaccessible by other means of transportation
• Understanding of economic theory and principles in order to understand the needs of northern Ontario and the applications/impacts to economic and/or sector development
• Understanding of provincial and federal programs dealing with economic and community development as well as public sector organization, structure and processes
Communication, Interpersonal and People Skills:
• Proven communication, facilitation, interpersonal, and customer service skills to work with individuals, businesses, First Nations, municipalities, groups and organizations
Project Management Skills:
• Demonstrated leadership and project management skills in leading task teams, coordinating projects, conducting financial analysis and managing issues
• Working knowledge of business development/planning, reviewing, and evaluating project applications
• Demonstrated research and data analysis skills
• Ability to work independently and participate on multi-disciplinary teams
• Proficiency with computers and software including word processing, spreadsheet, database, e-mail, and internet
- You must apply online at: https://www.gojobs.gov.on.ca/Apply.aspx?Language=English&JobID=151668
- Your cover letter and resume combined should not exceed five (5) pages. For tips and tools on how to write a concise cover letter and resume, review the Writing a Cover Letter and Resume: Tips, Tools and Resources here: https://www.gojobs.gov.on.ca/Docs/OPSCoverLetterandResumeWritingGuide.pdf
- Customize your cover letter and resume to the qualifications listed on the job ad. Using concrete examples, you must show how you demonstrated the requirements for this job. We rely on the information you provide to us.
- Read the full job description to make sure you understand this job. You can read the full description here: https://www.gojobs.gov.on.ca/PDR.aspx?Language=English&JobID=151668
- OPS employees are required to quote their WIN EMPLOYEE ID number when applying.
- If you require a disability related accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please Contact Us to provide your contact information. Recruitment Services staff will contact you within 48 hours. You can contact us at: https://www.gojobs.gov.on.ca/ContactUs.aspx
Accommodation is available under the Ontario Human Rights Code.