The City of Kenora is hiring an Northwest Business Centre Manager! For more information about this LEAP job posting, check out the details below!
Employer Name: The City of Kenora
Postal Code: P9N 3X2
Application Deadline: February 2nd, 2023
Hours of Work: Full-Time
Job Type: Full-Time
Wages: Commensurate with education and experience
Duties of this LEAP Job Posting:
- The Northwest Business Centre is an initiative of the Government of Ontario in partnership with the City of Kenora. Reporting through the Economic Development Officer to the Director of Growth and Recovery, the Northwest Business Centre (NWBC) Manager will undertake business development initiatives and programming to support the growth and development of the new and existing small business within the Kenora Rainy River District as outlined in the Small Business Enterprise Centre Letter of Agreement between the Ministry of Northern Development, (MDN), the Ministry of Economic Development, Job Creation and Trade (MEDJCT), and the City of Kenora. The NWBC Manager will work with the municipality and community stakeholders to provide small business counseling and advisory services, business training and seminars, provide a resource center and undertake development initiatives and programming to support the growth and expansion of the existing economic environment.
Qualifications for this LEAP Job Posting:
- Possess a degree or diploma in business administration, economics, commerce or a related field or equivalent approved combination of education and experience.
- Minimum three (3) years experience in small business or financial consulting including developing a small business.
- Thorough knowledge of business plans, market analysis, financial planning and forecasting, small business needs, business start-up procedures, and government and private sector programs and services available to assist business.
- Excellent organization, interpersonal, networking, communication and report-writing skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively and respond to business enquiries regarding business start-ups, expansion and purchase opportunities.
- Coordinate and deliver the Starter Company Plus and Summer Company Programs for small business start-ups.
- Strong knowledge of emerging technology, proficiency in computer systems including: Microsoft Office Suite, social media (Facebook and Instagram), MailChimp, WordPress and virtual meeting and event platforms.
- Knowledge of and demonstrated ability in corporate core competencies including customer service, communication, team work, initiative/self-management and accountability, and flexibility/adaptability.
- Must be extremely organized and capable of managing multiple tasks with no assistance.
- Manage and supervise others when required.
- District travel to regional communities is required.
- Ability to work outside of regular business hours as required.
- Must understand and maintain strict confidentiality.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and provide own transportation.
How To Apply to this LEAP Job Posting:
Qualified candidates are invited to submit a cover letter and resume that clearly indicates how they meet the full qualifications of the position no later than end of day January 14th, 2023 to:
Human Resources | City of Kenora
1 Main St. S. Kenora, ON P9N 3X2
Fax: 807-467-2150 | Email: email@example.com
The City of Kenora is an equal opportunity Employer and committed to building a workforce that reflects the rich diversity of the community we serve. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals including members of groups with historical and/or current barriers to equitable employment, including but not limited to, Indigenous Peoples, members of racialized communities or visible minorities, persons with visible and/or invisible disabilities, diverse sexual and gender identities, orientations and/or expressions, and others who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas.
The City of Kenora is committed to providing accommodation in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require an accommodation, please advise the Human Resources department in advance to ensure your participation in the recruitment and selection process.
Personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act and is used to determine eligibility for potential employment.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted
Full Time Hours Per Week: Monday-Friday
Advertising Method: General Ad