Lake of the Woods District Hospital is hiring a Nurse Practitioner (FT Permanent)! For more information about this LEAP job posting, check out the details below!
Why Work with LWDH? As a full-time Nurse Practitioner there are many benefits to joining our team:
- Three (3) weeks paid vacation
- Healthcare of Ontario Pension Plan enrolment, one of Canada’s largest defined benefit pension plans that includes portability, inflation protections, survivor benefits, buyback options, and early retirement
- Desjardin Group Life Insurance coverage that includes life insurance, accidental death and dismemberment coverage, and short/long-term disability coverage
- Green Shield Canada extended health benefits for single and family including dental/orthodontic services, prescription, health services, vision, hospital accommodation, etc.
- In-house training opportunities to enhance skillset and learn specialty areas
- Various incentives: new grad initiatives, tuition reimbursement for underserviced areas, tuition forgiveness for nurses (federal student loan repayment)
- Access to staff physiotherapy, onsite gym, Life Works Program, staff wellness initiatives, and much more!
Employer Name: Lake of the Woods District Hospital
Postal Code: P9N 3W7
Application Deadline: March 22nd, 2023
Hours of Work: Full Time Permanent, 1.00 FTE
Job Type: Full-Time
Wages: $58.23 to $61.77 per hour as per ONA Collective Agreement
Duties of this LEAP Job Posting:
The Nurse Practitioner (NP) is a valuable member of the LWDH team, functioning within a Minor Treatment Area (MTA) as part of the Emergency department and is charged with providing first point of contact medical treatment and care to clients within an interdisciplinary model. The approach to care is rooted in evidence-based best practice.
The Emergency Room (ER) Nurse Practitioner is a critical care medical practitioner who will assist the physician(s) and other team members in medical emergencies. The NP will assist doctors, perform minor medical procedures, and treat patients experiencing a critical injury, allergic reactions, or trauma.
Lake of the Woods District Hospital is looking for an NP who will support the operations of the Fast Track Clinic. This new clinic is designed to decrease the volume in the ER acute care patient load to support community needs and deliver optimal care.
Qualifications for this LEAP Job Posting:
- Master’s Degree in Nursing
- Current Registration in the NP class from the College of Nurses of Ontario or willing to obtain
- Current Certification in BCLS and demonstrated ongoing competence through annual re-certification
- Completion of a basic cardiac rhythm interpretation course with demonstrated ongoing competence (LWDH Basic Dysrhythmia course or equivalent)
- ACLS preferred, offered inhouse upon hire
- Willing to obtain Blood Glucose Monitoring through orientation, with demonstrated ongoing competence through annual re-certification
- Certification in IV Therapy with demonstrated ongoing competence
- Certification in CPI or willing to obtain
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a high stress, fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a multi-disciplinary team environment
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work with external and internal stakeholders
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Knowledge of available community resources
- Knowledge of community development principles and practices
- Ability to respect and promote a culturally diverse population
- Ability to respect and maintain confidentiality
- Thorough knowledge and proficiency in current nursing procedures, nursing assessment, physical assessment and treatment measures
- Reliable attendance record
How To Apply to this LEAP Job Posting:
Please apply through the online application process via https://lwdh.talentpoolbuilder.com/
We thank all applicants for their interest but advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted. First consideration will be given to current internal employees of LWDH.
Qualified applicants may be considered for other comparable positions or within the same classification other than this posted position.
Please prepare your application in accordance with the qualifications posted in the job advertisement. Applications will be screened based on the posted qualifications.
LWDH is committed to the principles of equity, diversity, and inclusion and belongingness in our operations, throughout our workplace, and seeks to employ individuals who are committed to and value these principles.
We believe in and promote the rights of all persons with disabilities as outlined in the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA 2005) and its related Accessibility Standards Regulations. To meet this responsibility, LWDH will make appropriate accommodations, including alternative formats available. Please inform Human Resources of any accommodation(s) at any point throughout the recruitment and selection process to ensure your equal participation.
LWDH values the importance of creating a workplace that reflects the population it serves and promotes the representation of the Employment Equity groups as outlined by the Employment Equity Act (1993). Applicants are encouraged to self-declare at the time of application.
For more information or to request an accommodation please contact the Human Resources Department at 807-468-9861 ext. 2393
Advertising Method: General Ad