Shibogama First Nations Council are looking for a Full-Time Nursing Program Manager! For more information on this LEAP job posting, check out the details below!
Employer Name: Shibogama First Nations Council
City: Sioux Lookout
Postal Code: P8T 1A5
Application Deadline: February 29th, 2024
Hours of Work: Full-Time
Job Type: Full-Time
Wages: $92,653 - $111,569/year Under Review, Health Benefits, Vacation, Pension Plan
Duties of this LEAP Job Posting:
- The Nursing Program Manager works to promote the success of the Nursing Programs in the Shibogama communities of Kingfisher Lake, Wapekeka and Wunnumin Lake and works with local Health Directors to ensure the requirements of Community Based Nursing Programs are met.
- The Nursing Program Manager provides Clinical guidance to the nursing staff of these communities.
- The Nursing Program Manager also provides nursing supervision and support to Musselwhite Mine clinic site.
- In collaboration with the Home & Community Care Nurse Lead supports financial and administrative management to the Home & Community Care Nursing Program.
- Represents and advocates on behalf of member communities with Partners, Stakeholders, Funders and various Government and Non-Government representatives.
- The Nursing Program Manager works directly with the Community Health Directors and utilizes the Hiring and Recruitment to ensure qualified nurses are hired for community health facilities.
- Develops policies and procedures in partnership with community Health Directors to guide Nursing Administration and Reviews and updates routinely.
- Travel to remote and isolated member communities, job fairs in urban centers.
Qualifications for this LEAP Job Posting:
- Minimum of 2 years of Northern Remote Nursing and related supervisory work experience.
- Excellent leadership, management, motivation, and problem-solving skills.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office Software including Word, Excel, Teams, Power Point
- Experience working in Data Collection.
- Excellent organizational skills, professionalism, and time management skills,
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with co-workers, communities, candidates
- Ability to work independently and take initiative
- Ability to communicate effectively in one of the dialects of the Treaty 5 and 9 Territories.
- Persons of First Nations ancestry will be given preference (OHRC, Part II, Special Employment)
- Knowledge and understanding of the Social Determinants of Health in First Nation Remote and Isolated Communities
How To Apply to this LEAP Job Posting:
- The incumbent requires current registration in good standing with the CNO and RNAO
- Mandatory up to date ACLS, PALS, ITLS/TNCC is required.
- Minimum Education BScN from a recognised University
- Willingness to complete mandatory education/training relevant to position.
- Criminal Reference Check is Required, Vulnerable Person Sector Check, upon acceptance.
- Three work related references from previous direct supervisor or manager, with consent to contact directly required.
- Oath of Confidentiality required.
Submit Resume and Cover Letter in Confidence to
Advertising Method: General Ad