Lake of the Woods District Hospital is hiring Nursing Resource Team Registered Nurses (5 Positions)! For more information on this LEAP job posting, check out the details below!
The Nursing Resource Team is a staffing team that plays a vital role in the provision of nursing services across patient care programs at Lake of the Woods District Hospital. As a Nursing Resource Team (NRT) member, your shifts are assigned to various clinical areas to meet appropriate staffing necessities. Nursing Resource team members respond to needs based on patient acuity, replacement for sick time, vacation, and planned vacancies. The NRT relishes the opportunity to engage with hospital teams throughout the building and engages with patients at all stages in their care. This role provides excellent opportunity for skill enhancement and is a vital support to colleagues and patients.
- Current Registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Current Certification in BCLS and demonstrated ongoing competence through annual re-certification
- Certification in Blood Glucose Monitoring and demonstrated continuing competence in BGM
- through annual recertification
- Certification in IV Therapy with demonstrated ongoing competence
- Must be able to function independently and demonstrate competence in Acute Care and/or
- Complex Continuing Care Nursing Practice within an RN scope of practice
- Reliable attendance record
- Current certification in WHMIS
- Knowledge of First Nations Culture
- Certification in CPI an asset
Please apply through the online application process via https://lwdh.talentpoolbuilder.com/
We thank all applicants for their interest but advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted. First consideration will be given to current internal employees of LWDH.
Qualified applicants may be considered for other comparable positions or within the same classification other than this posted position.
Please prepare your application in accordance with the qualifications posted in the job advertisement. Applications will be screened based on the posted qualifications.
The LWDH is committed to diversity and inclusivity in our employment practices. We promote the independence, dignity, integration, and equality of opportunity with persons with disabilities by ensuring the accessibility of our facilities and services. Accommodations, including alternative formats, are available for all parts of the recruitment and selection process.
For more information or to request an accommodation please contact the Human Resources Department at 807-468-9861