Lake of the Woods District Hospital is hiring a Nursing Supervisor (Full Time Permanent)! For more information on this LEAP job posting, check out the details below!
The Nursing Supervisor is an integral member of the multidisciplinary healthcare team, providing leadership in ensuring that patients presenting to the Hospital receive healthcare services according to established standards. As an essential member of the management team, the Nursing Supervisor also functions as a leader, ensuring the smooth functioning of the hospital.
- Current registration or eligible for registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing
- Current membership with RNAO
- Current Certification in BCLS and demonstrated ongoing competence through annual re-certification
- Knowledge of Professional Standards and related Standards of Practice from the College of Nurses of Ontario and the legislation guiding Nursing Practice (eg RHPA, HCCA, Human Rights legislation, Employment Standards act, Occupational Health and Safety legislation, etc.)
- Knowledge of Collective Agreements
- Knowledge re the supervisor’s role in Occupational Health and Safety
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a clinical setting
- Previous experience in a leadership position
- Demonstrated strong leadership, problem solving, decision-making, and critical thinking skills
- Demonstrated advanced skills in all aspects of communication and facilitation
- Demonstrated ability assessing client needs to formulate goals and objectives, develop policy,
- analyze complex issues, and evaluate quality
- Demonstrated skills in managing multiple priorities
- Demonstrated initiative and the ability to adapt to and lead changes and set priorities according to those changes
- Demonstrated ability managing stress of self and others
- Knowledge of team dynamics with the ability to work as a team member and in a leadership role
- Demonstrated commitment to continuing education and reflective practice
- Knowledge of bed utilization, isolation requirements and infection control practices
- Reliable attendance record
Please apply through the online application process via https://lwdh.talentpoolbuilder.com/
We thank all applicants for their interest but advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted. First consideration will be given to current internal employees of LWDH.
Qualified applicants may be considered for other comparable positions or within the same classification other than this posted position.
Please prepare your application in accordance with the qualifications posted in the job advertisement. Applications will be screened based on the posted qualifications.
The LWDH is committed to diversity and inclusivity in our employment practices. We promote the independence, dignity, integration, and equality of opportunity with persons with disabilities by ensuring the accessibility of our facilities and services. Accommodations, including alternative formats, are available for all parts of the recruitment and selection process.
For more information or to request an accommodation please contact the Human Resources Department at 807-468-9861 x 2393.