Lake of the Woods District Hospital is hiring a Nursing Supervisor (PT Permanent, 0.70 FTE)! For more information about this LEAP job posting, check out the details below!
Why Work with LWDH? In this position, there are many benefits to joining our team:
- Healthcare of Ontario Pension Plan enrolment, one of Canada’s largest defined benefit pension plans that includes portability, inflation protections, survivor benefits, buyback options, and early retirement
- Pay in lieu of vacation and benefits provided
- A third party partnered, self-directed and initiated benefits package through Health Care Providers (HCP) Group Insurance is provided that includes customizable health and dental plans, life insurance, long-term disability benefits (LTD), and accidental death, disease and dismemberment (ADD&D) based on package eligibility
- Access to staff physiotherapy, onsite gym, Employee LifeWorks Program, staff wellness initiatives, and much more!
If this opportunity sounds like a great fit for you and you meet most of the essential qualifications we are looking for, we encourage you to apply and provide us more details about why you think you would be a great fit. We cannot make any promises, but we will consider your qualifications and the potential you bring. LWDH is dedicated to ongoing professional development and continuing education opportunities to enhance skillsets and working experience.
Employer Name: Lake of the Woods District Hospital
Postal Code: P9N 3W7
Application Deadline: Friday, February 3, 2023
Hours of Work: Part-time Permanent, 0.70 FTE
Job Type: Part-Time
Wages: $51.6248 to $52.5323 per hour
Duties of this LEAP Job Posting:
The Nursing Supervisor is an integral member of the multidisciplinary healthcare team, providing leadership in ensuring that patients presenting to the Hospital receive healthcare services according to established standards. As an essential member of the management team, the Nursing Supervisor also functions as a leader, ensuring the smooth functioning of the hospital.
Qualifications for this LEAP Job Posting:
- Current registration or eligible for registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing
- Current membership with RNAO
- Current Certification in BCLS and demonstrated ongoing competence through annual re-certification
- Knowledge of Professional Standards and related Standards of Practice from the College of Nurses of Ontario and the legislation guiding Nursing Practice (eg RHPA, HCCA, Human Rights legislation, Employment Standards act, Occupational Health and Safety legislation, etc.)
- Knowledge of Collective Agreements
- Knowledge re the supervisor’s role in Occupational Health and Safety
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a clinical setting
- Previous experience in a leadership position
- Demonstrated strong leadership, problem solving, decision-making, and critical thinking skills
- Demonstrated advanced skills in all aspects of communication and facilitation
- Demonstrated ability assessing client needs to formulate goals and objectives, develop policy,
- analyze complex issues, and evaluate quality
- Demonstrated skills in managing multiple priorities
- Demonstrated initiative and the ability to adapt to and lead changes and set priorities according to those changes
- Demonstrated ability managing stress of self and others
- Knowledge of team dynamics with the ability to work as a team member and in a leadership role
- Demonstrated commitment to continuing education and reflective practice
- Knowledge of bed utilization, isolation requirements and infection control practices
- Reliable attendance record
How To Apply to this LEAP Job Posting:
Please apply through the online application process via https://lwdh.talentpoolbuilder.com/
We thank all applicants for their interest but advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted. First consideration will be given to current internal employees of LWDH.
Qualified applicants may be considered for other comparable positions or within the same classification other than this posted position.
Please prepare your application in accordance with the qualifications posted in the job advertisement. Applications will be screened based on the posted qualifications.
LWDH is committed to the principles of equity, diversity, and inclusion and belongingness in our operations, throughout our workplace, and seeks to employ individuals who are committed to and value these principles.
We believe in and promote the rights of all persons with disabilities as outlined in the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA 2005) and its related Accessibility Standards Regulations. To meet this responsibility, LWDH will make appropriate accommodations, including alternative formats available. Please inform Human Resources of any accommodation(s) at any point throughout the recruitment and selection process to ensure your equal participation.
LWDH values the importance of creating a workplace that reflects the population it serves and promotes the representation of the Employment Equity groups as outlined by the Employment Equity Act (1993). Applicants are encouraged to self-declare at the time of application.
For more information or to request an accommodation please contact the Human Resources Department at 807-468-9861 ext. 2393
Advertising Method: General Ad