The Ministry of Children, Community and Social Services are looking for an ODSP Administrative Support Clerk! For more information on this LEAP job posting, check on the details below!
Do you thrive in a client-service environment and possess demonstrated administrative, communication and customer service skills? If so, consider this challenging opportunity with the Ontario Disability Support Program, in the Ministry of Children, Community and Social Services. The location of these positions will be based on the successful candidate and can be located at any of the following:
- 145 Government Road West, Kirkland Lake
- 621 Main Street West, North Bay
- 5520 Highway 101 East, South Porcupine
- 199 Larch Street, Sudbury
- 341 Queen Street East, Sault Ste. Marie
- 720 Robertson Street, Kenora
Employer Name: Ministry of Children, Community and Social Services
Application Deadline: Monday, January 25, 2021 11:59 pm EST.
Hours of Work: Temporary up to 12 months, with possible extension
Job Type: Various Hours
Wages: $24.28 - $28.23 Per Hour* *Indicates the salary listed as per the OPSEU Collective Agreement
Duties of this LEAP Job Posting:
These advertised ODSP Administrative Support Clerk opportunities are for SWAT positions within the Centralized Records Management Unit.
- provide clerical and administrative support services to the team;
- answer incoming calls and respond to electronic inquiries;
- sort and distribute incoming mail;
- establish and maintain electronic and hard copy filing systems;
- validate, assess and determine the release of social assistance payments;
- make bank deposits, accepting/tracking cheques/money orders for repayments/reimbursements;
- coordinate and maintain team schedules and calendars;
- utilize databases, to gather/enter client information and data for reports and assignments.
Qualifications for this LEAP Job Posting:
- You demonstrate knowledge of administrative office procedures, practices and routine officeequipment to provide support in a fully automated environment using online databases to input access client information.
- You demonstrate knowledge of financial processes and analytical skills to validate, calculate anddetermine appropriate benefit entitlements.
- You can provide financial payment/reimbursement processing and monitoring services.
- You can use software such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint, and electronic mail to produce reports,forms, letters and payments.
- You have verbal and written communication skills to clearly and concisely respond to in-person andelectronic program inquiries from the public.
- You demonstrate interpersonal and listening skills to elicit information and support team members.
- You have interpersonal skills to interact with the public, to collaborate in a team driven environmentto ensure that operational requirements are being met.
- You are able to organize and coordinate work flow, assess priorities and meet deadlines.
- You have demonstrated experience working in a team environment, proposing solutions and/ormaking suggestions for optimal use of resources, sharing decision making with co-workers to prioritize tasks and workloads to ensure operational requirements are met.
- You have proven customer service skills to effectively deal with a high volume of clients bytelephone and through electronic communication.
- You are able to understand and apply the regulations, policies and guidelines governing the ODSPin order to respond to inquiries in a timely and accurate manner.
- You are aware of and sensitive to issues facing people with disabilities and those living with fixedor low income.
How To Apply to this LEAP Job Posting:
- You must apply online by visiting www.ontario.ca/careers. You must enter the job id number(158788) in the Job ID search field to locate the job ad.
- Your cover letter and resume combined should not exceed five (5) pages.
- Customize your cover letter and resume to the qualifications listed on the job ad. Using Concrete examples, you must show how you demonstrated the requirements for this job. We rely on the information you provide to us.
- Read the job description to make sure you understand this job.
- OPS employees are required to quote their WIN EMPLOYEE ID number when applying.
- If you require a disability related accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please Contact Us to provide your contact information. Recruitment Services staff will contact you within 48 hours.
Advertising Method: General Ad