City of Kenora is hiring Part-Time Arena Maintenance Operators (4)! For more information about this LEAP job posting, check out the details below!
Kenora is a City of choice, renowned as a sustainable, lifestyle community supported by a Municipality committed to excellence.
The employees of the City of Kenora deliver quality, cost-effective Municipal services. As a team of valued employees, taking pride and ownership in all that we do, we will exceed expectations.
Employer Name: City of Kenora
Postal Code: P9N 3X2
Application Deadline: August 26th, 2022
Hours of Work: 7-day a week operation. Shift work required
Job Type: Part-Time
Wages: $26.59/hr unlicensed $27.10/hr CIT certified
Duties of this LEAP Job Posting:
The Maintenance Operator will be responsible for providing operational and maintenance services to all City owned Recreation facilities including opening and closing procedures, set up, take down and maintenance during special events, and maintenance of outdoor recreation grounds. They will also assist in the installation, maintenance and removal of ice, swimming pool operations, water testing, cleaning and day-to-day maintenance activities. The position may also assist with maintenance of other municipal facilities as required.
Qualifications for this LEAP Job Posting:
- Must have a Grade 12 Diploma
- Must possess and maintain a clean valid ‘G’ Class Ontario Driver’s License.
- One (1) year of building maintenance experience preferred.
- Proven work related experience in construction, mechanical, electrical, plumbing, refrigeration, pool filtration, boilers, or HVAC in professional/commercial setting preferred.
- Must be able to operate a Bobcat
- Must have a minimum of one (1) years’ computer experience in a work environment.
- One (1) year related experience in Recreation Centre Maintenance including operating an ice re-surfacer (Zamboni) would be considered an asset
- Must possess or be willing to obtain the following certifications within three (3) years from original hire date in the position:
- Certified Ice Technician (C.I.T)
- Certified Pool Operator (C.P.O.) certification
- Propane Handling certification
- Experience with water balancing and chemistry would be considered an asset
- Knowledge of Instrumentation and Control Systems would be considered an asset
- Experience maintaining fitness equipment would be considered an asset
- Must be able to lift up to 45 lbs. frequently and occasionally up to 100 lbs.
- Ability to stand and walk extended periods of time
- Ability to understand and carry out written and oral instructions
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and communications skills with a proven focus on service delivery
- Demonstrated experience and working knowledge of the Ontario Occupational Health & Safety Act and Regulations specifically concerning the requirements for job hazard analysis and the development of and training on safe work procedures
- Ability to work independently and as a team
- Ability to get along well with others including supervisors, coworkers, members of the public and other partners in service
- Must be available for call-ins and overtime
How To Apply to this LEAP Job Posting:
Qualified applicants should submit a cover letter and current resume to;
Human Resources | City of Kenora
1 Main St. S. Kenora, ON P9N 3X2
Fax: 807-467-2150 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The City of Kenora is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Only those that have submitted the full required documentation will be considered for an interview. The cover letter must provide concrete examples that illustrate how they meet the education and experience factors listed in the Qualifications. Please be advised, the City of Kenora may use email to communicate with their applicants for open job competitions. Please provide an up-to-date email, which is checked regularly, with your application. We wish to thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Accommodations are available for all parts of the recruitment process. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance. Personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act, and is used solely for the purpose of determining the eligibility for employment with the City of Kenora.
Advertising Method: General Ad