Women’s Place Kenora is looking for an Assistant Bookkeeper/Program Assistant!
The Assistant Bookkeeper/Program Assistant should be an energetic, task oriented individual that takes pride in seeing the results of a job through to completion. In this position you will contribute to a team effort but also enjoy opportunities to manage your own multiple tasks and prioritize independently. The successful applicant will able to maintain records of accounts, record financial transactions, perform administrative functions, assist with workshops, general reception duties and be able to work with the Women’s Place team as required.
- To work closely with the Executive Director and Finance Committee, acting as a resource in developing projects, grant applications, bookkeeping and all day to day operations
- Assist in workshops including outreach programs – ex. Sisters in Spirit, Dec 6th Vigil, Take Back the Night, International Women’s Day.
- Record and prepare financial expenditures and receipts, monthly bank reconciliation, balance sheets, trial balance, general ledgers and financial statements and present them to the Financial Audit Committee,
- Prepare expenditure cheques and payroll ensuring required signing authorities are current
- Thorough bookkeeping knowledge and experience in a non-profit organization with strong working knowledge and experience with Sage/Simply Accounting
- Ability to speak with women who attend the centre on a wide range of issues
- Strong team player who can work independently and as a team.
Please send resume with cover letter and three references to:
Women’s Place Kenora
530 3rd Street North, Kenora, ON P9N 2M3
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org FAX: (807) 468-3904