The Lake of the Woods District Hospital is looking for a Patient Care Manager in Surgical Services! For more information on this LEAP job posting, check out the details below!
Reporting to the Vice President, Patient Services/Chief Nursing Officer you will be an integral member of the Leadership team. You will work collaboratively with all members of the health care team to develop, organize, manage and evaluate all aspects of the Surgical Services Department (Operating Room, Pre-op, Day Surgery, Endoscopy) at Lake of The Woods District Hospital; such that the Mission, Vision, Goals, and Objectives of the Hospital’s strategic plan are ensured.
- A minimum of five (5) years of nursing experience in an Perioperative setting
- Postgraduate program for perioperative preparation
- Certification in perioperative nursing (CPN-C)
- Member in good standing with ORNAC
- Understanding of CSA and MDRAO standards of practice
- Knowledge of legislation relevant to healthcare
- Knowledge of collective agreements and collective bargaining process
- Highly developed interpersonal, negotiation and communication skills to effectively
manage the performance of members of various professional and nonprofessional
- Demonstrated ability to assess client needs, to formulate goals and objectives, to
develop policy, to analyze complex issues and to evaluate quality
- Demonstrated ability to perform effectively and efficiently under constant pressure of
stressful and critical situations in a rapidly changing health care environment
- Evidence of continuing education in leadership and health care administration required
- Knowledge of computer software including Meditech, Microsoft Word, and Excel
- The successful candidate will hold a minimum of a Bachelor of Science in Nursing with post graduate education in Management and/or Leadership; be a member in good standing with the College of Nurses of Ontario.
Please apply online at: https://lwdh.talentpoolbuilder.com/Patient+Care+Manager+-+Surgical+Services/48523/
We thank all applicants for their interest, but advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.