Birchwood Terrace are looking for a Personal Support Worker! For more information on this LEAP job posting, check out the details below!
Personal Support Workers (PSW) are invited to apply for both part time, full-time, casual
positions to work at our 96 bed long-term care home located in Kenora, Ontario.
Under the direction of the Director of Care/ Registered Staff, the PSW provides direct personal and nursing care to residents so as to fulfill the physical, intellectual, emotional, social and spiritual needs of residents in accordance to home polices, procedure and work routines.
- Assists in providing direct care for residents; assists with ambulation, feeding, bathing and grooming.
- Encourages participation in activity programs by assisting residents to and from activities.
- Assists with meal service and nourishment delivery to residents and provides feeding
assistance as required.
- Provides emotional and social support to residents/families including palliative care.
- Adheres to established departmental polices and procedures regarding documentation, quality assurance, fire, safety, environment and infection control.
- Consults with and informs supervisor of unit activities, needs and matters related to resident care.
- Participates in care conferences and documentation related to resident care plans.
- Completed a PSW Program that meets the appropriate standards established by the
Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities, the National Association of Career
Colleges, or the Ontario Community Support Association and must be a minimum of 600 hours in duration (including class time and practical experience time)
- Nursing Experience in long-term care required
- Knowledge and experience in care planning systems and documentation required
- Mentally and physically able to perform duties as assigned
- Ability to communicate positively with other staff, residents and families
- Demonstrates empathy, concern and interest in providing quality care and service to
- Demonstrates organizational skills and ability to complete assignments in a timely fashion
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to provide resident care in accordance with application legislation, job routines,
nursing care plans, ability to read and write English and understand verbal and written
instructions in English.
Interested applicants may forward their resume in confidence to the attention of:
Director of Care
Tel: 807-468-8625 x 226
In Ontario, Extendicare, ParaMed Home Health Care and affiliated organizations
including our partner homes in Extendicare Assist, accommodate the needs of job
applicants throughout its recruitment and selection processes in accordance with the
Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act.
Accommodation needs must be provided in advance. To discuss your needs, please
contact the individual noted in the posting.