ParaMed Home Health Care is looking for Personal Support Workers! For more information on this LEAP job posting, check out the details below!
ParaMed is currently seeking energetic and dedicated Personal Support Workers to join our dynamic team of community caregivers! Our PSW staff will provide individualized care that is sensitive to the clients’ unique needs, providing assistance with Activities of Daily Living (ADL’s) and Independent Activities of Daily Living (IADL’s) through a client specific assignment working under the direction of and in collaboration with a regulated health care professional. Care will take place in the community, within a client’s home.
- Provides personal care to the patient (personal hygiene, dressing, etc.)
- Provides assistance with a variety of household tasks
- Provides cognitive, social, emotional, psychological, support to the patient and family
- Using a company-provided work device, documents information required for each patient visit
- Adhere to the ParaMed policies in all interactions with patients, families or other parties ensuring privacy and confidentiality
- Escalate patient-related issues to supervisors as needed
- PSW Certificate or equivalent approved healthcare training (DSW certificate, completion of nursing education, international RN/physician/midwife qualifications, etc.)
- Experience in providing personal care to patients is required, ideally within a homecare setting
- Willingness to travel to see clients within a designated area
- A valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle is required
- Ability to effectively communicate both through oral and written mediums
- Able to provide a current criminal check (CPIC) with clear Vulnerable Sector Search (VSS) if selected
- Ability to demonstrate compassion, tact and diplomacy when interacting with residents/clients and their families
Benefits of Joining the ParaMed Team:
- Provided with the latest technology mobile device for scheduling and communication
- Membership to Perkopolis and other retailer discounts
- Paid orientation
- Opportunities for additional training with careers leading into management roles
- Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP)
- Health and dental benefits available to you and immediate family
- Travel/mileage compensation
- Mentorship Perks- use your expertise to earn even more while you provide support to new grads entering the industry
If you enjoy making people smile, we know you will love a career with ParaMed! We want you to join our team of spirited and fun-loving professionals as we support the neighbors in our community! Please submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or by visiting www.paramed.com/careers!
In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and ParaMed Policies on Accommodation, a request for accommodation will be accepted as part of ParaMed hiring process.