Wiigwas Elder and Senior Care is hiring Personal Support Workers (Various Positions Available)! For more information about this LEAP job posting, check out the details below!
Organizational Background: Wiigwas Elder and Senior Care is a new Not-For-Profit organization created by the Kenora Chiefs Advisory (KCA). Wiigwas Elder and Senior Care mission is to be a centre of excellence which delivers inclusive quality and culturally appropriate care to Elders and the citizens of Kenora and surrounding communities. Wiigwas Elder and Senior Care is a 96-bed Long- Term Care facility in Kenora, Ontario, with a “Heart” to serve our Elders and community members.
Position Summary: The Personal Support Worker (PSW) is an integral and valued member of the Wiigwas Elders and Seniors Care resident care team. The PSW is in the unique position of knowing our residents in a deeply meaningful and intimate basis. The PSW advocates for quality of life for the residents by providing a clean, healthy, respectful, stimulating, and safe resident-focused experience. The PSW contributes to Wiigwas Elders and Seniors care team meetings, committees, care planning, and resident Care Conferences.
Employer Name: Wiigwas Elder and Senior Care
Postal Code: P9N 2L3
Application Deadline: August 15th, 2022
Hours of Work: Various
Job Type: Various Hours
Duties of this LEAP Job Posting:
- Assist residents with all aspects of Activities of Daily Living (ADL’s) while maintaining dignity and privacy in an
individualized resident-focused manner.
- Collaborate with the Wiigwas Elders and Seniors care team, family, and visitors, to provide and promote excellence in resident care and the resident experience.
- Maintain excellence in the standards of cleanliness and safety of the Home, resident rooms, resident care areas, resident care equipment, unit common areas, and workspaces.
- Provide meaningful resident-centered interactions and activities.
- Document all PSW care and observations per the Home’s Documentation Policy.
- Mentor, support, and encourage newly hired PSW’s, Care Aides, and students.
- Positively role-model Wiigwas Elder and Senior Care Values and Code of Ethics.
- Other duties within the PSW role as directed by the Wiigwas Elder and Senior Care Team Leader or designate.
- These describe the general nature and level of work being performed by incumbents in this classification. They
are not an exhaustive list of all job duties in the classification. Other duties may be assigned.
Qualifications for this LEAP Job Posting:
- Personal Support Worker Certificate from a recognized Accredited Educational Institution as per the Long-Term
Care Homes Act (2007).
- 2-Step TB Test or Chest X-Ray within 14 days prior to date of hire.
- Police Vulnerable Sector Check dated no later than 6 months from date of hire.
- Nursing students actively enrolled in recognized nursing programs invited to apply.
- Current Basic Level First Aid and CPR.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Infection Prevention and Control Routine and Additional Practices.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Protection of Personal Health Information Act.
- Excellent organization, critical-thinking, problem-solving, and computer skills.
- Fluent in both written and spoken English.
- Knowledge of First Nations history, language, and culture an asset.
- Ability to work independently and as a Wiigwas Elders and Seniors team member.
- Proof of Full COVID 19 Vaccination and Influenza Vaccination
How To Apply to this LEAP Job Posting:
Please email email@example.com to apply, open until filled.
Advertising Method: General Ad