The Lake of the Woods District Hospital is hiring a Full-time Interim Physiotherapist! For more information about this LEAP job posting, check out the details below!
- The Physiotherapist plans and implements physiotherapy and rehabilitative programs for individuals and groups in the hospital, on an outpatient basis, and within the referral community
- Member in good standing with the College of PT of Ontario
- Graduate of a certified and accredited University, with a Bachelor or master’s degree in Physiotherapy
- Current Certification in BCLS and demonstrated ongoing competence through annual re-certification
- Previous experience in hospital environment preferred
- Authorizer status for ADP mobility devices preferred
- Demonstrated ability to effectively perform PT assessments and analyses, and to coordinate implementation of prioritized PT interventions utilizing available support staff and students
- Effective interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Effective written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated experience with computers and windows-based software programs/ keyboarding skills
- Familiarity with all PT equipment and supplies, and ability to coordinate management and maintenance of PT equipment and supplies
- Must demonstrate a tactful, empathetic, and caring patient approach, and encourage independence
- Independent clinical problem-solving skills, ability to organize and prioritize work within time constraints, and demonstrated sound judgment, and initiative
- Physically capable of frequent bending, stretching, and lifting and of assisting heavy-needs patients with bed mobility, transfers, ambulation and exercise program
- Must be able to stand and walk the major portion of the day
- Reliable attendance record
Please apply through the online application process via https://lwdh.talentpoolbuilder.com/
We thank all applicants for their interest but advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Qualified applicants may be considered for other comparable positions or within the same classification other than this posted position.
Please prepare your application in accordance with the qualifications posted in the job advertisement. Applications will be screened based on the posted qualifications.
The LWDH is committed to diversity and inclusivity in our employment practices. We promote the independence, dignity, integration, and equality of opportunity with persons with disabilities by ensuring the accessibility of our facilities and services. Accommodations, including alternative formats, are available for all parts of the recruitment and selection process.
For more information or to request an accommodation please contact the Human Resources Department at 807-468-9861