Lake of the Woods Brewing Company are looking for Pizza Artisans! For more information on this LEAP job posting, check out the details below!
We are a locally owned and operated company in Kenora, Ontario on the northern shores of Lake of the Woods. We brew craft beer! Lake of the Woods Brewing Company is committed to sustainable practices, business growth and development, and building external and internal alliances to support local, fresh, and handcrafted goods and services. We are young and we are growing! Lake of the Woods Brewing Company is in a repurposed, historic fire hall in downtown Kenora with a Taproom & Eatery, Retail Store, Online Shop, and Commercial Sales – all under one roof.
If you are energetic, a self-starter, a people person, enthusiastic about craft beer and craft coffee, and love small towns, we invite you to join our team!
A great pizza is a work of art and requires passion, knowledge, and expertise. The ideal candidate must be able to produce an authentic wood-even pizza with a high level of consistency while keeping up with the fast pace of our service.
The Pizza Artisan reports to the Kitchen Manager. Duties listed below are the minimum requirements, other tasks maybe asked of you. Be available to fill in as needed to ensure the smooth and efficient operation of the restaurant as directed by the Kitchen Manager, Taproom Manager, or Manager on Duty.
- Follow a given recipe and quality standard and prepare various food items, including vegetables, poultry, meats, and seafood for cooking using different methods and kitchen equipment such as wood-fire and electric pizza ovens
- Stock and manage assigned food station(s) and ensure quality of food served
- Physically inspect and see all food sent from the kitchen and make requisitions for food items and supplies that are needed
- Understand and adhere to company’s policies and processes, cooking methods, standard portion sizes, and kitchen rules and quality standards
- Ensure enough food products are stocked and maintained at line stations to facilitate hitch-free service period
- Ensure food products are portioned before cooking by following standard portion sizes and recipe that have been specified
- Ensure work station area, including shelves, tables, pizza ovens, prep area, grills, fryers, pasta, broilers, cookers convection oven, sauté burners, refrigeration equipment, and flat top range are kept cleaned and sanitized always following safety and sanitation policies and processes of the company
- Keep to proper garnish set up and plate presentation for every dish
- Keep food servers informed of ticket times, and attend to orders from guests promptly and efficiently and with a friendly attitude
- Properly store, rotate, and manage all food products following local, provincial, federal, and company guidelines and procedures
- Help in food prep tasks during off-peak periods when needed
- Ensure proper closure of kitchen by following kitchen stations’ closing checklist; also, help others to close the kitchen
- No experience needed, willing to train!
- Safe food handling certificate
- Culinary education would be considered an asset
- Flexible availability that includes mornings, afternoons, nights and weekends
- Ability to integrate into a team; working as part of a team
- Ability to work effectively under pressure
The Pizza Artisan position is a part time permanent job that could lead to full time hours.
If you are interested in this job opportunity and are passionate about working for a cutting-edge business, in a growth sector –send a covering letter and resume by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, no phone calls please. We appreciate your interest in Lake of the Woods Brewing Company but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. This job posting will remain open until the position is filled.
Lake of the Woods Brewing Company is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Lake of the Woods Brewing Company are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, nationality, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, medical history, or any other status protected by the laws. Lake of the Woods Brewing Company will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Lake of the Woods Brewing Company encourages applicants of all legal working age.