Municipality of Sioux Lookout are looking for a Planning Coordinator! For more information on this LEAP job posting, check out the details below!
- Provides support to the Manager of Development Services as needed.
- Works in collaboration with the municipal planning consultants to provide professional land use planning and development advice to the general public, Manager of Development Services Committee of Adjustment and other officials. Makes private and public presentations to Council, developers, committees, civic groups and the general public.
- Responsible for the receipt of and processing the following applications and agreements: Official Plan Amendments, Zoning By-Law Amendments, Temporary Use By-Laws, Minor Variances, Deeming By-Laws, Consent Applications, Validation of Title Applications, Applications for a Letter of Comfort, Subdivision and Condominium Applications, Road Allowance Sales and Closures, Development Agreements, Site Plan Control Agreements and Subdivision Agreements and the related by-laws. The process involves pre-consultation, preparation, circulation and the drafting of reports and recommendations
- Assist in developing and working on a wide variety of municipal development projects to achieve goals within available resources. Plans and organizes workloads; reviews progress and directs changes as needed.
- Provides leadership and direction in the development of short- and long-range plans and projects. Gathers, interprets, and prepares data for studies, reports and recommendations; coordinates activities with developers, businesses, other departments and agencies as needed
- Assist in developing social and economic profiles of the urban and rural Sioux Lookout area to encourage industrial and commercial investment and development
- Prepares and writes grant applications and funding proposals as required.
- Maintains an inventory of available Municipal properties, markets them for development and sale.
- Operate a variety of standard office machines including a personal computer and a variety of computer software, phone, fax, calculator, shredding machine, and photocopy machine.
- Communicate and liaise verbally and in writing between visitors/enquirers and relevant staff, and interpret and respond clearly and effectively to spoken requests over the phone or in person, and to verbal or written instructions.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, supervisors and the general public.
- Maintain regular, consistent and professional attendance, punctuality, personal appearance, and adherence to relevant health and safety procedures.
- Other related duties as assigned by the Manager of Development Services.
- Excellent customer service skills and telephone etiquette, ability to remain calm and courteous.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Word and working knowledge of all other Microsoft office programs, Adobe and ability to work with website software.
- Demonstrated organizational skills, ability to multi-task, and working within a team.
- Ability to effectively project a professional image and strong, positive image of the Municipality.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to the public.
- Ability to work independently and to undertake a variety of tasks and perform them with minimal supervision.
- Awareness of planning and building functions and documents including Zoning Bylaw, Official Plan, surveys, legal descriptions, mapping and project management concepts
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality
- Must have a valid Class “G” driver’s license.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Grade 12 Diploma or equivalent
- Completion of a post-secondary program in Community Development, Commerce, Business Administration, Project Management and/or Land Use Planning is preferred
- Minimum six (6) months to one (1) year related experience in a customer service environment with use of communications, computer and business equipment.
To apply for this opportunity, you are invited to submit a detailed resume and cover letter in confidence to the undersigned. This job posting will be advertised until the vacancy is filled.
Human Resources Department
Municipality of Sioux Lookout
25 Fifth Avenue, PO Box 158, Sioux Lookout ON P8T 1A4
Tel: 807-737-2700 Fax: 807-737-3436
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. In accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, the information gathered will be used for the purpose of job selection. Any queries relating to the collection of personal information should be directed to the Municipal Clerk. For additional information visit our website at www.siouxlookout.ca. The Municipality of Sioux Lookout is an equal opportunity employer.