Lake of the Woods brewing Company is hiring a Line Cook! For more information about this LEAP job posting, check out the details below!
We are a locally owned and operated company in Kenora ON, with locations in Warroad MN and Winnipeg MB, helping us close the loop around our communities on Lake of the Woods! Lake of the Woods Brewing Company is Ontario’s Northernmost brewery and is committed to sustainable practices, business growth and development, and building external and internal alliances to support local, fresh, and handcrafted goods and services. Lake of the Woods Brewing Company’s flagship location is in a repurposed, historic fire hall in downtown Kenora on the northern shores of Lake of the Woods with a Taproom & Eatery, Retail Store, Online Shop, and Commercial Sales – all under one roof. We are Minnesota’s northernmost brewery located in Warroad on the shores of Lake of the Woods! Our most recent addition is our unique microbrewery and tasting room in downtown Winnipeg, located in Hargrave St Marketing in True North Square. We are young and we are growing!
If you are energetic, a self-starter, a people person, enthusiastic about craft beer, we invite you to join our team!
- Career Development
- Advancement Opportunities
- Dynamic Business Culture
- Employee Referral Program
- Staff Perks – discounts and monthly gift cards
It is a part-time position that could lead to full-time hours, which will report to the Kitchen Manager. Flexible hours and weekend availability needed. Starting wage is $16.00 per hour. This is an excellent entry-level opportunity, funded by Canada Summer Jobs program, an initiative of the Youth Employment and Skills Strategy, which aims to provide flexible and holistic services to help all young Canadians develop the skills and gain paid work experience to successfully transition into the labour market. Duties listed below are the minimum requirements, other tasks may be asked of you.
Employer Name: Lake of the Woods Brewing Company
Application Deadline: July 2nd, 2021
Job Type: Various Hours
Wages: $16.00 per hour
Duties of this LEAP Job Posting:
- Ensure ingredients are properly kept at appropriate temperature.
- Ensure availability and quality of ingredients at all times.
- Clean work equipment, dishes, utensils, and work areas.
- Prepare food according to instructions supervisor order.
- Manage dry storage and put away food orders that comes in.
- Package prepared foods.
- Prepare for cooking process by cutting, washing, peeling, and cutting required foods.
- Report damaged equipment and low supplies to supervisors.
- Monitor with care the temperature of the cooking equipment and cooling rooms.
- Ensure kitchen is clean and tidy.
- Ability to pay attention to details and follow instructions from higher cooks.
Qualifications for this LEAP Job Posting:
- Minimum 1-2 years of kitchen experience.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Culinary education would be considered an asset
- Previous experience processing and putting away food orders.
- High level of stamina; ability to work long hours on the feet.
- General knowledge of how the kitchen operates; equipment, tools, and utensils.
- Advanced mental coordination to prevent accidents in the kitchen.
- Effective communication skills, team player attitude, and positive personality.
- Strong work ethic, punctuality, and ability to exceed in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to self-motivate, maintain sense of urgency, and keep momentum.
- Task-oriented and excellent organizational skills.
How To Apply to this LEAP Job Posting:
If you are interested in this job opportunity and are passionate about working for a cutting-edge business, in a growth sector – send a covering letter and resume by emailing: email@example.com no phone calls please.
We appreciate your interest in Lake of the Woods Brewing Company but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. This job posting will remain open until the position is filled.
Lake of the Woods Brewing Company is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Lake of the Woods Brewing Company are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, nationality, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, medical history, or any other status protected by the laws.
Lake of the Woods Brewing Company will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Lake of the Woods Brewing Company encourages applicants of all legal working ages.
Advertising Method: General Ad