Waasegiizhig Nanaandawe’iyewigamig (WNHAC) is hiring a Primary Care Nurse/Care Coordinators! For more information about this LEAP job posting, check out the details below!
What WNHAC offers:
- Support from an interprofessional team and wholistic model of care
- Group Benefits and Healthcare of Ontario Pension Plan
- 3 weeks of paid vacation in the first year of service, increase with years of service.
- Commitment to staff well-being supported by compensating time, wellness policy, and stipend.
- General office hours are 9:00 am to 4:30 pm with casual dress. Flexible work hours are available within policy parameters.
- Compensates related Licencing fees from Professional Associations
- Supports Professional Development and Cultural Safety. Access to cultural teachings and knowledge keepers on an ongoing basis
- Salary is competitive and reflects both the position’s responsibilities and employment conditions.
Employer Name: Waasegiizhig Nanaandawe’iyewigamig (WNHAC)
Postal Code: P9N 1Y9
Hours of Work: March 23rd, 2023
Job Type: Full-Time
Duties of this LEAP Job Posting:
We provide primary health care through a range of options including prevention, assessment, diagnosis and treatment. Our team includes health professionals, educators and support workers representing both traditional Anishinaabe and contemporary models of care, and uses wholistic health and community development concepts.
This position is community based and supports a client-centered inter-professional team structure to ensure coordinated, wholistic care is provided to a defined population of WNHAC clients. The positions also provide nursing services within the professional scope of practice established by the College of Nurses of Ontario.
NOTE: Anishinaabe traditional practices involve cultural ceremonies and burning sacred medicines including tobacco, sweetgrass, sage and cedar within the work setting.
Qualifications for this LEAP Job Posting:
- Current registration as a RN with the College of Nurses of Ontario, in good standing;
- Willingness to work in full scope of practice, performing delegated acts through medical directives; experience in immunization administration, venipuncture, wound care and advanced nursing assessment skills an asset;
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and be an effective team member;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills – demonstrated ability to communicate with health care professionals, community members, traditional helpers, and leadership;
- Understanding of wholistic health and well being, demonstrated cultural competencies and experience working in an Anishinaabe organization; ability to understand and speak
- Anishinaabemowin a definite asset;
- Willingness and ability to travel, with significant community-based activity;
- Valid drivers’ license and own vehicle required;
- Proof of immunization in compliance with policy requirements is mandatory;
- Current criminal records/vulnerable sector check required;
- Commitment to ongoing training and professional development relevant to job requirements;
- Positive attitude and capacity to act as a healthy lifestyle role model.
This position is part of the Ontario Nurses Association Bargaining Unit.
How To Apply to this LEAP Job Posting:
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Open until filled
Please send resume with covering letter and three references, to:
Primary Care Nurse Position
Fax: (807) 467-8341
Phone: (888) MYWNHAC
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position; however, please note only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Advertising Method: General Ad