Kiizhik Education Corporation is hiring an School Principal! For more information about this LEAP Job Posting, check our the details below!
The Principal is responsible for the overall operation of our Urban First Nation School. They will ensure that the students who attend have programming and support that meet their own unique educational, emotional, social, cultural, and physical needs. The Principal will also ensure the school meets all provincial licensing and curricular requirements.
Employer Name: Kiizhik Education Corporation
Postal Code: P9N3Y4
Application Deadline: October 3, 2023
Hours of Work: Full-Time
Job Type: Full-Time
Duties of this LEAP Job Posting:
- Provides leadership for instructional and non-instructional personnel at the school.
- Responsible for and supervises school operations consistent with existing contracts, School Law, Board Policies, and Administrative Procedures.
- Responsible for pupil records.
- Ensures proper maintenance and custodial care of school facility and grounds at the school.
- Responsible for health and safety of pupil and staff (fire drills, disaster plan, etc.)
- Developing, coordinating, implementing, and evaluating school curriculum.
- Provides leadership for staff and pupil morale.
- Serves as liaison between staff, other school personnel and community.
- Supervises the preparation of all reports originating at the school level.
- Conducts evaluations of instructional and non-instructional staff.
- Maintains fair, reasonable, and consistent discipline.
- Maintains inventory of supplies, equipment, and furniture within the school.
- Participates in workshops, conferences, and parent-teacher meetings.
- Maintains a working relationship with community agencies that deal directly with the school.
- Performs such other duties as assigned.
Qualifications for this LEAP Job Posting:
- Bachelor of Arts/Science and Bachelor of Education, a Bachelor of Education or an Aboriginal
- Education program diploma.
- Principal’s Qualification Program Part 1 and 2 or a plan to complete these qualifications within 2 years.
- Experience in school administration would be an asset.
- Membership in the Ontario College of Teachers.
- Excellent management, planning and organizational skills are required.
- Through knowledge of education systems, structures and funding models.
- Experience in Education Administration would be an asset.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Anishinaabe Language Proficiency is an asset.
How To Apply to this LEAP Job Posting:
Please submit resume and cover letter with three professional references by October 03, 2023
PLEASE SUBMIT APPLICATION ONLINE, E-MAIL, OR FAX TO:
Kiizhik Education Corporation
Attention: Human Resources Manager
598 Lakeview Drive
Kenora, ON P9N 3P7
Website: www.kiizhik.ca Fax: (807) 468-3908 e-mail: Careers@bimose.ca
Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Advertising Method: General Ad