The Bucket Shop is looking for a Production Welder! For more information on this LEAP job posting, check out the details below!
At The Bucket Shop, we’re driven to be the company of choice for the fabrication of new or refurbished equipment components, wear products, and mobile fleet solutions, to the earth-moving business segment, in the geographic areas that we serve. We seek to support our client mandates to improve their equipment lifecycles, reduce operating costs, increase productivity, and delivery innovative options.
The Bucket Shop is looking for individuals who share our family values. We promote honesty, integrity, respect, and an inclusive culture. In addition, we strive to surround ourselves with those who understand the importance of utilizing a hands-on approach to their work and who understand that teamwork is a necessity in achieving success. Each employee is encouraged to use effective communication and take responsibility to engage their work environment.
Reporting to the Shop Foreman, the Production Welder will work in conjunction with other staff on the shop floor, to achieve production goals, and to meet the needs of our valued customers.
- Operate manual or semi-automatic welding equipment to fuse metal segments using processes such as gas tungsten arc welding (GTAW), gas metal arc welding (GMAW), flux-cored arc welding (FCAW), shielded metal arc welding (SMAW)
- Operate manual or semi-automatic flame-cutting equipment
- Operate brazing and soldering equipment
- Operate metal shaping machines such as brakes, shears and other metal straightening and bending machines
- Repair parts of metal products by welding on extra layers
- Maintain safe work practices
- Conduct Technical inspections, repairs, modifications and retrofits
- Provide data to assist in monitoring and tracking project budgets and project status
- Assist in training, directing & supervision of junior employees and apprentices, inspecting and certifying their work
- Provide a framework of various levels of training and experience to be used when recruiting staff and serve as a mechanism for incremental advancement in responsibility and duties within this position
- Review blueprints and specifications; ensure drawings and specifications will function as designed in environment intended for use
- Ensure accuracy and completion of assigned tasks and projects.
- Other assigned work as required
- Loud and busy work environment
- Overtime & 24/7 availability may be required
- Physical ability to lift, up to 100lbs
- Travel to off-site locations may be required
- Hazards associated with the trade
- Work both indoors and outdoors
- May be exposed to construction sites
- May include Align Boring when needed
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent. (Skilled candidates without will be considered)
- 3-5 Years of Welding Experience
- Experience with FCAW running 1/16 or 5/64 Wire
- Experience Fitting Buckets and Truck Boxes
- Forklift Operating Experience
- Overhead Crane and Rigging
- Read Blueprints and Drawings
- Torch Cutting
- Carbon Arc Gouging
- Possess a valid driver’s license. (preferred)
- Ability to work independently in a busy environment and under pressure.
- Experience with routine maintenance operations.
- Highly flexible, with solid interpersonal skills that allow one to work effectively in a diverse working environment.
- Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Able to deal with people sensitively, tactfully, diplomatically, and professionally at all times.
- Computer literate.
- Tools as per tool list.
- Safety equipment will be required such as steel-toed safety boots with Internal Metatarsal, welder’s hard hat, leather welding coat and/or fire-resistant coveralls.
Please apply on our website: http://www.thebucketshop.ca/careers/
SALARY & BENEFITS:
- Competitive Wages
- Medical and Prescription Benefits
- Dental Plan
- RRSP Program
- Basic Life Insurance
- Critical Illness Benefits
- Short/Long-Term Disability Coverage
- Paid Vacation
- Employee Assistance Program
- Boot Allowance
- Coverall Rental Program