Treaty Three Police Service is hiring a Program Coordinator – Giga-dizhindamin o’ow Adaawemigosiwin! For more information about this LEAP posting please see the details below!
Employer Name: Treaty Three Police Service
Postal Code: P9N 3X7
Application Deadline: October 2, 2023
Hours of Work: Full-time
Job Type: Full-Time
Duties of this LEAP Job Posting:
- Conducting presentations on the Giga-dizhindamin o’ow Adaawemigosiwin project to the 23 Treaty #3 communities policed by the Treaty Three Police Service.
- Involves extensive travel to all 23 communities;
- Preparing power point presentation on the project.
- Working in conjunction with Treaty Three Police Officers and our partnering agencies.
- Meet objectives by carrying out program development, education, training, and experiences that will benefit multiple sectors and age groups.
- Creating forms, surveys and brochures as required.
- Completing media releases and speaking to the media;
- Composing and typing correspondence as required;
- Maintaining confidential community contacts and e-mail lists;
- Completing monthly report to the Chief of Police and ensuring all presentations are entered on Records Management System (RMS);
- Filing documents and completing final report to the Indigenous Justice Division of the Ministry of the Attorney General
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications for this LEAP Job Posting:
- Excellent computer skills;
- Minimum Grade 12 education;
- Valid Ontario driver’s license;
- No criminal record and must pass background check and
- Additional skills including:
- Excellent verbal and listening skills including:
- Speaking clearly with proper volume and tone emphasis and in a confident manner in all situations including when speaking in front of a group or audience;
- Giving concise, understandable, accurate directions/instruction;
- Listening carefully for total meaning;
- Courteous, polite, and positive.
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills;
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment;
- Ability to problem solve and exercise good judgement and cope in difficult situations;
- Ability to maintain confidentiality;
- Knowledge and understanding of Treaty Three community languages, culture, traditions with a high sensitivity to aboriginal issues.
How To Apply to this LEAP Job Posting:
Please e-mail your complete package to firstname.lastname@example.org using “JP017-2023” in your subject line to indicate the position that you are applying for. Visit https://www.t3ps.ca/ to obtain a Consent to Disclose Form.
Contract ends March 31, 2024
Advertising Method: General Ad