Anishinaabe Abinoojii Family Services is hiring a Program Secretary! For more information about this LEAP job posting, check out the details below!
We are currently looking for a worker interested in a full-time regular Program Secretary position. The Program Secretary is a full-time program support position. The Program Secretary provides secretarial and related clerical support services to the Resource Manager and all members of the team.
The Program Secretary ensures support services are delivered with excellence and conform to provincial legislation, the Agency philosophy, policies and procedures. The Program Secretary reports to the Resource Manager in all aspects of job functions.
- Community College Diploma or a High School Diploma with two (2) years direct experience, however, a combination of related education, experience and skills may be considered;
- Knowledge of Customary Care, service development, social casework management, member First Nation communities, social structures, Anishinaabe family systems, as well as local customs and traditions;
- Knowledge of the Child, Youth and Family Services Act and Regulations;
- Knowledge of the Foster Care-Licensing Manual and the Caregiver Handbook;
- Knowledge of the administrative structure and operations of AAFS including service delivery, policies, procedures and office methods;
- Experience in general office administration and procedures including, but not limited to, coordinating team meetings and case conferences, recording minutes, preparing correspondence and reports, filing and data entry;
- Experience working with Microsoft Word, Excel, and client-based data systems;
- Experience with case management file requirements and record keeping services;
- Ability to coordinate all secretarial and clerical support services required by the Resource Manager and team members;
- Ability to assist with caregiver applications, specifically, the collection of personal information;
- Ability to assist with the planning and preparation of caregiver training and workshops;
- Ability to provide back-up coverage to Reception and front desk area on a rotating schedule;
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills to maintain a good rapport with caregivers, team members, other staff, management and community organizations;
- Must be committed to the highest level of confidentiality at all times;
- Excellent key boarding skills and with ability to type 50 wpm;
- Must possess a valid Ontario G Driver’s License and be willing to travel;
- Must provide a current Vulnerable Sector Check and Drivers Abstract; and
- Ability to speak Anishinaabemowin is preferred and a definite asset.
Includes but not limited to, working in high stress social settings, working with potentially aggressive clientele. The position may require sitting for long periods of time at a desk, perhaps sharing a workspace with other colleagues. The incumbent will be required to work in an atmosphere adhering to strict deadlines and at times consisting of repetitive duties that may involve a computer, website, telephone and faxing requirements.
AAFS welcomes and encourages applications from peoples with disabilities.
Accommodations are available upon request.
IF THIS EXCITING OPPORTUNITY INTERESTS YOU, PLEASE FORWARD AN EXPRESSION OF INTEREST LETTER QUOTING FILE # PS20210927 TO:
Manager of Human Resources c/o Main Street South, Kenora, Ontario P9N 1S7
Fax: (807) 548-1345 or by E-mail: AAFS.HumanResources@aafs.ca
All interviewees must submit a current Vulnerable Sector Check and Drivers Abstract at the time of interview