Anishinaabe Abinoojii Family Services is hiring a Program Secretary. For more information about this LEAP posting please see the details below!
Normally performed in a typical interior office environment generally working at a set schedule of standard business hours, located in the offices of AAFS. The position will require sitting for long periods of time at a desk, perhaps sharing a workspace with other colleagues. The incumbent will be required to work in an atmosphere adhering to strict deadlines and at times consisting of repetitive duties that may involve a computer, website, telephone and faxing requirements. Periodic travel is also required.
Employer Name: Anishinaabe Abinoojii Family Services
Postal Code: P9N 1S7
Application Deadline: March 12, 2024
Hours of Work: Full-time
Job Type: Full-Time
Wages: $43,042 - $52,788
Duties of this LEAP Job Posting:
The Program Secretary provides secretarial and related clerical support services to the Director of Services and all members of the team. This position supports the Prevention and Family Preservation Teams. The Program Secretary ensures support services are delivered with excellence and conform to provincial legislation, the Agency philosophy, policies and procedures. The Program Secretary reports to the Director of Services in all aspects of job functions.
Qualifications for this LEAP Job Posting:
- Community College Diploma or a High School Diploma with two (2) years direct experience, however, a combination of related education, experience and skills may be considered
- Knowledge of Customary Care, service development, social casework management, member First Nation communities, social structures, Anishinaabe family systems, as well as local customs and traditions
- Knowledge of the administrative structure and operations of AAFS including service delivery, policies, procedures and office methods
- Experience in general office administration and procedures including, but not limited to, coordinating team meetings and case conferences, recording minutes, preparing correspondence and reports, filing and data entry
- Experience working with Microsoft Word, Excel, and client-based data systems
- Experience with case management file requirements and record keeping services
- Ability to coordinate all secretarial and clerical support services required by the Director of Services and team members
- Ability to provide back-up coverage to Reception and front desk area on a rotating schedule
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills to maintain a good rapport with team members, other staff, management and community organizations
- Must be committed to the highest level of confidentiality at all times
- Excellent key boarding skills and with ability to type 50 wpm
- Must possess a valid Ontario G Driver’s License, be willing to travel and provide a Drivers Abstract; and
- Ability to speak Anishinaabemowin is preferred and a definite asset.
How To Apply to this LEAP Job Posting:
We are committed to recruiting a diverse workforce that represents the First Nations communities that we serve.
Preference will be given to Internal and/or Indigenous applicants. Please self-identify upon applying.
AAFS welcomes and encourages applications from peoples with disabilities and will provide accessibility accommodations as part of the application process upon request.
Applicants resumes may be used to create a qualified candidates list for recruitment of other positions within our organization.
IF THIS EXCITING OPPORTUNITY INTERESTS YOU, PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR RESUME WITH COVER LETTER QUOTING
FILE #PS2024OUF to:
Human Resources Manager by E-mail to AAFS.HumanResources@aafs.ca or c/o 20 Main Street South, Kenora,
Ontario P9N 1S7 or Fax: (807) 548-1345
DEADLINE TO SUBMIT APPLICATION IS: OPEN UNTIL FILLED
Advertising Method: General Ad