Women’s Place Kenora are looking for a Program Support Assistant! For more information on this LEAP job posting, check out the details below!
Women’s Place Kenora is a resource centre empowering all women working within a feminist perspective. We provide peer/group counselling, workshops, referrals, pre-employment and entrepreneurship training, farmer’s market opportunities, community kitchens, lending library, community gardens, free-cycle room, and public awareness events.
The successful applicant should be a dynamic, task oriented individual with a positive and friendly attitude that is eager to learn about women’s realities, valuable and creative possibilities, food security, product development, marketing, and workforce development. In this position you will contribute to a team effort but also enjoy opportunities to manage your own multiple tasks and prioritize independently. This is more than just a job! This is a rare opportunity that will provide the experience to learn firsthand the challenges women in our community face on a daily basis. In this role you will gain the knowledge and understanding required to assist women in our community overcome barriers through active networking, brainstorming while contributing your own creative ideas to find resourceful ways to meet the major needs of these women. The Program Support Assistant will work under the guidance and mentorship of the Executive Director
Employer Name: Women's Place Kenora
Application Deadline: April 30th, 2021
Hours of Work: Monday-Thursday (Flexible) Contract for 246.5 hours
Job Type: Various Hours
Wages: $14.50 per hour
Duties of this LEAP Job Posting:
- Work with culturally diverse and vulnerable women, including the integration of immigrants and refugees, in addition to optimizing the contribution to economic vitality and quality of life.
- Support product development and marketing programs and services for the weekly Farmer’s Market.
- Provide tourists at the market with educational, cultural, recreational, and entertainment experiences and opportunities available at Women’s Place Kenora.
- Optimize services and program development and delivery in the heritage and culture sectors that enable access to heritage and the arts and libraries as well as encourage physical activity.
- Support our community-based partner organizations so they can also deliver effective programming to diverse and vulnerable populations.
- Screen all individuals entering designated entrance for symptoms, signs and travel based on the provided screening guidelines (consists of asking questions on screening form +/- temperature reading)
- Ensure all individuals entering follow proper precautionary measures and wear appropriate personal protective equipment required
Qualifications for this LEAP Job Posting:
- All students must be currently enrolled in a secondary, or post-secondary institution or within six months of graduation and have reached the age of 15 and not yet reached the age of 25 upon commencement of employment or up to 29 years of age for persons with a disability – proof of student enrolment must be provided to the employer.
- This position requires the successful candidate to have a valid driver’s license.
- Students must have a Social Insurance Number and be residents of Ontario during the period of employment
How To Apply to this LEAP Job Posting:
Please send resume with cover letter and three references to:
Women’s Place Kenora
530 3rd Street North, Kenora, ON P9N 2M3
Email: email@example.com Fax: (807) 468-3904
Advertising Method: General Ad