Kenora District Services Board is hiring a Project Management Assistant! For more information about this LEAP job posting, check out the details below!
Competition #INF 23-56
Dedicated to improving lives, the Kenora District Services Board (KDSB) is the integrated service delivery agency providing help and support when you need it. With forward-thinking and engaged employees, we deliver Ontario Works, Social Housing, Early Learning and Child Care, and Land Ambulance to current and future clients.
We are currently seeking to hire a Project Management Assistant to join our infrastructure team; the location is open to the district. Our employees enjoy a healthy work environment, professional development, and an opportunity to make a difference in the lives of others.
This temporary position will be for one (1) year from the date of employment.
Reporting to the Project Manager, the Project Management Assistant will assist the Project Manager in providing full project management services to support KDSB in delivering successful project outcomes.
Employer Name: Kenora District Services Board
Postal Code: P8N 1B3
Application Deadline: March 11th, 2024
Hours of Work: Temporary, Full-Time (One Year Contract)
Job Type: Full-Time
Wages: Along with optional participation in the OMERS pension plan, we offer a salary ranging from $57,895.66 - $71,004.12 per annum
Duties of this LEAP Job Posting:
- Completing AutoCAD sketches and drawings to assist KDSB in its project planning, procurement, fire safety plans, and operational and capital needs.
- Liaise with project partners, architects, engineers, funding agencies, and other project proponents.
- Performing routine site visits, contract administration, contract compliance inspections, and other duties relating to new and ongoing construction projects.
- Participating in the design process and reviewing drawings against program.
- Creating Monthly and Event Reporting. Creating, coordinating, and issuing effective meeting minutes and other documentation for site progress meetings.
- Completing site visit reports, maintaining contract administration logs, and completing project reporting required by funders.
- Participating in the tender process and contract administration for construction projects. This includes preparation of tender documents, evaluation of bids, recommendation for project award, monitoring of projects to completion, and preparation of reports in a timely manner.
- Assisting in the turnover phase of construction and ensuring a smooth transition from the project team to the building operations and maintenance team.
- Perform other duties as assigned from time to time, including technical support to KDSB’s Facilities Maintenance and Building Renewal staff.
Qualifications for this LEAP Job Posting:
- Training in computer-aided drafting, preferably with working knowledge of Autodesk AutoCAD.
- Knowledge of construction project delivery methods, including Construction Manager at Risk (CMAR), Design-Bid-Build (DBB), Design-Build (DB) and Integrated Project Delivery (IPD).
- The ability to read, review and interpret technical documents and drawings including but not limited to architectural and engineering drawings related to construction projects and “as-built” plans.
- Knowledge and training in the theory of building science, design of buildings, construction methods, and energy efficiency.
- Knowledge of the public tendering process and Canadian construction law.
- Knowledge and understanding of the Occupational Health and Safety Act, the Ontario Building, Fire and Electrical Safety Codes as they relate to KDSB’s assets.
- General knowledge of municipal by-law requirements as they relate to zoning and development.
- Strong organizational skills, initiative and ability to perform tasks without close supervision. Ability to carry out assigned projects to their completion, ability to work under pressure and/or with frequent interruptions.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills in dealing effectively with management staff, employees, Board members, the public, government, and community agencies, including an appreciation of the need for confidentiality, tact and discretion.
- Successful completion of a post-secondary Diploma or Degree in Engineering, Engineering Technology, Architecture, Architectural Technology, Construction Management, or related field of study.
- Experience in utilizing computers and other information technology in the production of tender documents, word-processing documents and spreadsheets.
- A valid Class ‘G’ Ontario driver’s license and access to a reliable vehicle for travel.
- A satisfactory Criminal Background Check
How To Apply to this LEAP Job Posting:
This opportunity is supported by the Northern Ontario Heritage Fund Corporation (‘NOHFC”) and funded through the Workforce Development Program. To be considered for this position, you must be a new entrant into the workforce, are transitioning to a new career, or the unemployed or underemployed who are entering a new field. The applicant must not have previously participated in an NOHFC-funded internship in the 2020 Mandate. The applicant must be 18 years of age or older and legally eligible to work in Canada. Once hired, the candidate must reside in the Northern Ontario community (in the Kenora District) in which they are employed.
Interested applicants are invited to submit a cover letter and resume by email, referencing the competition number in the subject line, to the:
Human Resources Department
Kenora District Services Board
This posting will remain open until filled.
While all responses are appreciated, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Confidential information provided by applicants will be used for the purpose of this competition only and will be protected in accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
The KDSB will make accommodations available wherever possible to applicants with disabilities upon request during the recruitment process. The KDSB is an equal opportunity employer.
This opportunity is proudly supported by Northern Ontario Heritage Fund Corporation and is funded through the Workforce Development Program.
Advertising Method: General Ad