Lake of the Woods District Hospital is looking for a Psychiatric Registered Practical Nurse (Part-time Permanent, 0.40 FTE)! For more information on this LEAP job posting, check out the details below!
Are you looking for a dynamic nursing career opportunity? Do you like the idea of thinking on your feet in fast-paced environments? As an RPN at Lake of the Woods District Hospital (LWDH), you must be able to coordinate, organize and prioritize multiple patient assignments of varying complexities. While working as a member of a highly collaborative team; you have the autonomy to guide patients and their families through the hospital experience and to build rapport with internal and external stakeholders through advocating for patient treatment and providing excellent care for diverse needs. You accomplish your goals through utilizing nursing best practices in diverse situations.
The psychiatric unit offers many challenges and variety, which creates the development of leadership, organizational and time-management skills and knowledge of a wide range of nursing procedures, from basic to advanced.
- Current Registration with College of Nurses of Ontario
- Current Certification in BLS and demonstrated ongoing competence through annual re certification
- Certification in Blood Glucose Monitoring and demonstrated continuing competence in BGM through annual recertification
- Competent to deliver medications in an acute care setting
- Certification in IV Therapy for RPN’s with demonstrated ongoing competence
- • Ability to provide evidence of professional development
- Demonstrates effective verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
- • Reliable attendance record
- Evidence of successful completion of post-diploma education and/or experience in mental health nursing or evidence of a consolidated experience in an acute mental health setting at the end of basic training; or 2-years’ experience in general duty nursing – acute care settings, supported by completion of the self-study modules in basic psychiatry would be an asset
- • Knowledge of First Nations culture preferred
- Crisis Prevention Intervention training or equivalent preferred
Please apply through the online application process via https://lwdh.talentpoolbuilder.com/
We thank all applicants for their interest but advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted. First consideration will be given to current internal employees of LWDH.
Qualified applicants may be considered for other comparable positions or within the same classification other than this posted position.
Please prepare your application in accordance with the qualifications posted in the job advertisement. Applications will be screened based on the posted qualifications.
The LWDH is committed to diversity and inclusivity in our employment practices. We promote the independence, dignity, integration, and equality of opportunity with persons with disabilities by ensuring the accessibility of our facilities and services. Accommodations, including alternative formats, are available for all parts of the recruitment and selection process.
For more information or to request an accommodation please contact the Human Resources Department at 807-468-9861