Birchwood Terrace is looking for a Part-Time Handy Person! For more information on this LEAP job posting, check out the details below.
- Maintenance and servicing of equipment, furnishings, fixtures and outside grounds
- General maintenance around the facility (i.e. mechanical) repairs, patchwork, painting, plumbing and minor electrical work
- Using specified cleaning/ disinfecting/sanitizing agents, and following specific procedures, work patterns, and routines to perform general housekeeping duties as assigned
- Performs general carpentry work and repairs such as installing floor and wall tiles, repairing drywall, replacing doors and door hardware, repairing roof leaks, painting, installing wallpaper and other redecorating tasks
- Must adhere to established policies and procedures regarding quality assurance, fire safety and environment and infection control
- Must be able to do moderate to heavy lifting
- Must be able to work under minimal supervision
- Other duties as assigned by Supervisor or delegate
- Must have mechanical aptitude and be able to read and write the English language.
- Experience in patchwork, painting and wallpapering preferred
- Ability to work safely, following established safety practices and procedures.
- Knowledgeable about WHMIS, OH & S
- High School Diploma
Interested applicants please forward your resume in confidence no later than September 4, 2019 to the attention of: Donald Wood
In Ontario, Extendicare, ParaMed Home Health Care and affiliated organizations including our partner homes in Extendicare Assist, accommodate the needs of job applicants throughout its recruitment and selection processes in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Accommodation needs must be provided in advance. To discuss your needs, please contact the individual noted in the posting.