Birchwood Terrace is looking for Full-Time/Part-Time/Casual Quality Care Aides! For more information on this LEAP job posting, check out the details below!
Quality Care Aides (QCA) are invited to apply for full-time/part-time/casual positions to work at our (96)-bed long-term care home located in Kenora, Ontario.
Under the direction of the Director of Care and Registered Staff the QCA provides assistance residents and support PSW’s so to fulfill the physical, intellectual, emotional, social and spiritual needs of residents in accordance to home polices, procedure and work routines.
- Assists in providing assistance to residents by; transporting them to the dining room to their room and to activities and events
- Making beds, setting out personal clothing and towels for the PSW to complete care.
- Stocking supplies, putting away personal laundry and linens.
- Assists with meal service and daily snack delivery to residents and provides feeding assistance to selected residents.
- Provides social support to residents; reading, games, visiting with.
- Adheres to established departmental polices and procedures regarding documentation, quality assurance, fire, safety, Health and Safety, environment and infection control.
- Consults with and informs PSW and registered staff of concerns from residents.
- Mentally and physically able to perform duties as assigned
- Ability to communicate positively with other staff, residents and families
- Demonstrates empathy, concern and interest in providing quality care and service to residents
- Demonstrates organizational skills and ability to complete assignments in a timely fashion
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to provide resident care in accordance with application legislation, job routines, nursing care plans,
- Proven ability to read and write English and understand verbal and written instructions in English.
Interested applicants may forward their resume in confidence to the attention of:
Director of Care
In Ontario, Extendicare, ParaMed Home Health Care and affiliated organizations including our partner homes in Extendicare Assist, accommodate the needs of job applicants throughout its recruitment and selection processes in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Accommodation needs must be provided in advance. To discuss your needs, please contact the individual noted in the posting.