The Kenora District Services Board is looking for a Receptionist! For more information about this LEAP job posting, check out the details below!
• Responding to front counter and telephone inquiries regarding all services provided by the KDSB including Child Care, Social Housing, Ontario Works, and Land Ambulance, preparing correspondence, and processing incoming and outgoing mail
• Receiving and entering payments into appropriate databases, issuing receipts, and balancing cash
• Receiving maintenance calls and creating work orders
• Receiving housing applications and verifying that all information is included with the application
• Reporting to the Manager of ISS, the Receptionist is responsible for performing clerical, accounting, and administrative work and directing applicants and the public to the appropriate staff for effective, streamlined customer service.
• Successfully completed secondary school and have a minimum of one year related Administrative/Reception/Office experience
• Excellent customer service and communication skills and the ability to handle client concerns in a tactful and sensitive manner
• Operate computerized software and office equipment
• Make referrals to appropriate services in a timely manner with the ability to prioritize maintenance calls and recognize maintenance emergencies
• Proven experience to appropriately work with and maintain confidential information
• Use judgement in organizing time and prioritizing work load as circumstances require
• Provide a satisfactory Criminal Background Check and a valid Ontario Class G Driver’s License
Interested applicants are invited to submit a cover letter and resume, by email, referencing the competition number: ISS 20-02 in the subject line of the e-mail, on or before February 10, 2020 at 12:00pm local time to the:
Human Resources Department Kenora District Services Board Email: email@example.com