The Municipality of Sioux Lookout is looking for a Registered Early Childhood Educator! For more information on this LEAP job posting, check out the details below!
This position is a permanent full time position that will require an individual who is dynamic in ability to engage with a variety of children including infants, toddlers, preschoolers, kindergarten and or school aged groups. This individual must be a team player as well as having the ability to work independently. This position allows for annual rotation between sites and playrooms or as needed through the year.
1– Full-Time, Permanent
1- Full Time Term to May 2021
- Dedicated to providing a healthy, supportive stimulating and all-inclusive environment for young children and their families.
- Ability to utilize the documents How Does Learning Happen? and Early Learning for Every Child Today (ELECT) to set up programs based on the children and families in the playrooms.
- Offer challenging and stimulating experiences safely within the scope of individual children’s abilities.
- Committed to creating a nurturing environment in partnership with families, staff and the community.
- Ability to communicate in a gentle, warm, supportive nature being respectful of the children and families in our care.
- Provide the highest standard of child care.
- Liaisons with the Resource Teacher/Site Supervisor, Supervisor, and or Manager as required and attend meetings as required for programming and professional learning.
- A passion for working with children and families
- Strong interpersonal skills that allow for forming relationships with children, families and staff members
- Ability to remain calm and courteous at all times
- Strong sense of ethics and the ability to handle sensitive or private information with tact and discretion
- Have a high level of integrity and work ethic
- Early Childhood Education Diploma
- Registered with the Ontario College of Early Childhood Educators and a member in good standing
- A current Standard First Aid & CPR
- An up to date immunization based on the Medical Officer of Health’s recommendations
- Must have a current Police Record Check
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs and have the ability to do regular bending, lifting and stretching
- Experience in child care facilities a definite asset
Applications: To apply for this opportunity, you are invited to submit a detailed resume and cover letter in confidence to the undersigned. This position will be advertised until filled.
Human Resources Department
Municipality of Sioux Lookout
25 Fifth Avenue, PO Box 158, Sioux Lookout ON P8T 1A4
Tel: 807-737-2700 Fax: 807-737-8067
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. In accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, the information gathered will be used for the purpose of job selection. Any queries relating to the collection of personal information should be directed to the Municipal Clerk. For additional information visit our website at www.siouxlookout.ca.
The Municipality of Sioux Lookout is an equal opportunity employer.