KDSB is looking for a Registered ECE or ECE Assistant in Ear Falls! For more information on this LEAP job posting, check out the details below!
We are currently seeking to hire one (1) Permanent, Part-Time, Registered Early Childhood Educator (Registered ECE) or Early Childhood Educator Assistant (ECE Assistant) located in Ear Falls, Ontario to join our Early Years team. Our employees enjoy a healthy work environment, development opportunities, and an opportunity to make a difference in the lives of others.
Reporting to the Early Years Quality Assurance Coordinator, the Registered ECE/ECE Assistant is responsible for providing care and supervision to children ages 0 to 12 at the Early Learning Centres, through the planning and implementation of a program conducive to their emotional, physical, social and intellectual development.
Key responsibilities include:
• Ensuring the “How Does Learning Happen” document is being implemented within program spaces.
• Ensures that books, toys and equipment are in safe and functional repair and reports to RECE In Charge any needed repairs. Keeps all play areas, indoors and outdoors equipment clean, safe, orderly and aesthetically pleasing.
• Administers first aid as required and fills out correct incident and ill health forms as per policy guidelines.
• Maintains positive discipline by following procedures of Child Care and Early Years Act, 2014. Applies directives consistently to provide appropriate limits and positive reinforcement of acceptable behaviour.
• Educates children on safety, evacuation and fire drill procedures and assists in carrying out drills.
• Exchanges information with parents regarding children’s needs and schedules. Responds to parent questions and concerns about child’s daily activities and behaviour. Refers major concerns and problems to the Registered ECE In Charge or designate.
• Assists children in maintaining correct hygiene procedures such as washing hands and face, changing soiled pants, etc. and assists and instructs children in mastering basic self sufficiency skills such as dressing and personal hygiene. Conducts and assures adherence to scheduled day care routines such as washroom, lunch time, snack time, dressing, rest time and play time.
• Actively participates in daily programming, responding to children’s individual needs and interests.
• Completes and files reports regarding non routine occurrences (such as accidents, illness) as required in conjunction with Child Care and Early Years Act, 2014.
• Monitors and reports children’s health and well-being to the RECE In Charge or designate.
• Cleans playrooms by sweeping, vacuuming and mopping. Maintains cupboards, shelves, books, toys and other equipment, restocking craft containers, supplies, books, etc. Disinfects washroom, toys and equipment as required.
Successful candidates will have or be able to:
• Diploma in Early Childhood Education, or willingness to obtain.
• Registered with the College of Early Childhood Educators, or ability to register upon completion of Early Childhood Educator program from a recognized educational institute.
• One (1) year experience in an early years or childcare program
• Up to date immunization record, including TB Skin Test
• Current First Aid, including Child/Infant CPR.
• Required to possess and maintain a valid Class G Drivers License and have access to reliable vehicle.
• Provide a satisfactory Police Vulnerable Sector Check.
Interested applicants are invited to submit a cover letter and resume, by email, referencing the competition number in the subject line of the e-mail on or before May 3, 2021 at 4:00pm local time to the:
Human Resources Department
Kenora District Services Board
While all responses are appreciated, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Confidential information provided by applicants will be used for the purpose of this competition only and will be protected in accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
The KDSB will make accommodations available wherever possible to applicants with disabilities upon request during the recruitment process. The KDSB is an equal opportunity employer.