Wiigwas Elder and Senior Care is hiring a Registered Nurse! For more information about this LEAP job posting, check out the details below!
Organizational Background: Wiigwas Elder and Senior Care is a new Not-For-Profit organization created by the Kenora Chiefs Advisory (KCA). Wiigwas Elder and Senior Care mission is to be a centre of excellence which delivers inclusive quality and culturally appropriate care to Elders and the citizens of Kenora and surrounding communities. Wiigwas Elder and Senior Care is a 96-bed Long-Term Care facility in Kenora, Ontario, with a “Heart” to serve our Elders and community members.
Position Summary: The Registered Practical Nurse (RPN) is an integral and valued member of the Wiigwas Elders and Seniors Care resident care team. The RPN provides, oversees, and manages the care of residents following the guiding principles and standards of the College of Nurses of Ontario. The RPN advocates for quality of life for the residents by modelling leadership, ethics, advocacy, and excellence in the assessment process ensuring safe resident-focused experience. The RPN actively leads and contributes to Wiigwas Elders and Seniors Care team meetings, committees, care planning, and resident Care Conferences.
Employer Name: Wiigwas Elder and Senior Care
Postal Code: P9N 2L3
Application Deadline: August 15th, 2022
Hours of Work: Full-Time
Job Type: Full-Time
Duties of this LEAP Job Posting:
- Contributes to the development individualized resident-focused plans of care and Care Plans.
- Liaises with the Wiigwas Elders and Seniors Care team, including other health care providers and allied care
professionals, family, and visitors, to provide and promote excellence in resident care and the resident experience.
- Provides leadership and direction to the direct care staff.
- Administers medications and treatments as prescribed within the RPN scope of practice.
- Documents all care, assessments, and observations per the Home’s Documentation Policy.
- Mentors, supports, and encourages newly-hired nurses, PSW’s, and students.
- Positively role-models RPN and Wiigwas Elders and Seniors Care Values and Codes of Ethics.
- Communicates changes in resident status and/or care to all members of the Wiigwas Elders and Seniors Care Team.
- Is familiar with the Long Term Care Homes Act (2007) and Regulations.
- These describe the general nature and level of work being performed by incumbents in this classification. They are not an exhaustive list of all job duties in the classification. Other duties may be assigned.
Qualifications for this LEAP Job Posting:
- Current unrestricted RPN Certificate of Competence from the College of Nurses of Ontario.
- Current Professional Liability Protection per CNO requirements.
- 2-Step TB Test or Chest X-Ray within 14 days prior to date of hire.
- Police Vulnerable Sector Check dated no later than 6 months from date of hire.
- Up-to-Date Immunization Record.
- Current First Aid and CPR-HCP.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Infection Prevention and Control Routine and Additional Practices.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Protection of Personal Health Information Act.
- Excellent leadership, organization, critical-thinking, problem-solving, and computer skills.
- Fluent in both written and spoken English.
- Knowledge of First Nations history, language, and culture an asset.
- Completion of recognized courses in Gerontology, Palliative Care, and IPAC considered an asset.
- Proof of Full COVID 19 Vaccination and Influenza Vaccination
How To Apply to this LEAP Job Posting:
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to apply, open until filled.
Advertising Method: General Ad