Wiigwas Elder and Senior Care is hiring an Registered Nurse! Please check out the details below!
Wiigwas Elder and Senior Care is a growing and innovative, forward-thinking, not-for-profit Long-term Care Home in the Heart of Northwestern Ontario, that is working to invest in a Culturally Safe atmosphere and work life balance for all our employees.
We are looking for likeminded future team members to apply for our Registered Nurse Rotations we have open at Wiigwas Elder and Senior Care. Join a workforce with a strong focus on Residents Bill of Rights, and the 7 Grandfather Teachings, which are the lead visions of our Mission and Values. Within the next few year’s Wiigwas Elder and Senior Care will be moving into a NEW 160 bed Long-term Care Home facility and we invite you to grow with us.
What We Offer: 2 year signing bonus, extensive Group Benefit plan, Pension Plan, Employee Assistance Program, A great culturally safe work environment and team support, Annual work clothing and shoe allowance, On-site parking, Paid Vacation.
Position Summary: The Registered Nurse (RN) is an integral and valued member of the Wiigwas Elders and Seniors Care resident care team. The RN provides, oversees, and manages the care of residents following the guiding principles and standards of the College of Nurses of Ontario. The RN advocates for quality of life for the residents by modelling leadership, ethics, advocacy, and excellence in the assessment process ensuring safe resident-focused experience. The RN actively leads and contributes to Wiigwas Elders and Seniors Care team meetings, committees, care planning, and resident Care Conferences.
Employer Name: Wiigwas Elder and Senior Care
Postal Code: P9N 4J7
Application Deadline: December 11, 2023
Hours of Work: Full-Time, Part-Time Positions; Union
Job Type: Various Hours
Wages: Per existing collective agreement.
Duties of this LEAP Job Posting:
- Develops individualized resident-focused plans of care and Care Plans.
- Liaises with the Wiigwas Elders and Seniors Care team, including other health care providers and allied care professionals, family, and visitors, to provide and promote excellence in resident care and the resident experience.
- Provides leadership and direction to the direct care staff.
- Administers medications and treatments as prescribed within the RN scope of practice.
- Documents all care, assessments, and observations per the Home’s Documentation Policy.
- Mentors, supports, and encourages newly hired nurses, PSW’s, and students.
- Positively role-models RN and Wiigwas Elders and Seniors Care Values and Codes of Ethics.
- Assumes responsibility for the Home, staff, and residents in the absence of the Director of Resident Care.
- Communicates changes in resident status and/or care to all members of the Wiigwas Elders and Seniors Care Team.
- Assumes the role of Charge Nurse as assigned.
- Is familiar with the Long-Term Care Homes Act (2007) and Regulations.
- The above describe the general nature and level of work being performed by incumbents in this classification. They are not an exhaustive list of all job duties in the classification.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Qualifications for this LEAP Job Posting:
- Current unrestricted RN Certificate of Competence from the College of Nurses of Ontario.
- Current Professional Liability Protection per CNO requirements.
- 2-Step TB Test or Chest X-Ray within 14 days prior to date of hire.
- Police Vulnerable Sector Check dated no later than 6 months from date of hire.
- Up-to-Date Immunization Record.
- Current First Aid and CPR-HCP.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Infection Prevention and Control Routine and Additional Practices.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Protection of Personal Health Information Act.
- Excellent leadership, organization, critical-thinking, problem-solving, and computer skills.
- Fluent in both written and spoken English.
- Knowledge of First Nations history, language, and culture an asset.
- Completion of recognized courses in Gerontology, Palliative Care, and IPAC considered an asset.
- Proof of Full COVID 19 Vaccination and Influenza Vaccination
How To Apply to this LEAP Job Posting:
Interested candidates should forward their resume, cover letter and 3 references in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org
Wiigwas Elder and Senior Care
Human Resource Department
237 Lakeview Drive
Advertising Method: General Ad