The Lake of the Woods District Hospital is looking for a Registered Nurse for their Emergency Department! For more information on this LEAP job posting, check out the details below!
Are you looking for a dynamic nursing specialty career opportunity? Do you like the idea of
thinking on your feet in fast-paced environments? As a RN working in the Emergency
Department at Lake of the Woods District Hospital (LWDH) you will be the first point of patient
contact; treating patients who are suffering from trauma, injury or severe medical conditions and
requiring urgent treatment in a fast-paced team environment. As an integral member of the
healthcare team you will have the opportunity to handle situations with care and confidence
ensuring a positive patient care journey.
- Current Registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Current Certification in BCLS and demonstrated ongoing competence through annual re-
- Completion of a basic cardiac rhythm interpretation course with demonstrated ongoing
competence (LWDH Basic Dysrhythmia course or equivalent)
- Current Certification in ACLS and demonstrated ongoing competence through bi annual
- Completion of current training in Canadian Triage Acuity Scale (CTAS)
- Current Certification in Blood Glucose Monitoring with demonstrated ongoing
competence through annual re-certification.
- Current Certification in TNCC
- Certification in IV Therapy with demonstrated ongoing competence.
- Minimum of 1 year experience in acute medical, surgical and/or Emergency Nursing
- Reliable attendance record
- Certification in CPI within the past 2 years or willingness to obtain
- Experience working independently in an emergency department within the past 4 years
would be preferred.
- Current certification in PALS and/or ENPC preferred.
Please apply online at: https://lwdh.talentpoolbuilder.com/ER+-+Registered+Nurse+Part+Time+%28.45%29/48606/
We thank all applicants for their interest, but advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted. The LWDH is committed to diversity and inclusivity in our employment practices. We promote the independence, dignity, integration, and equality of opportunity with persons with disabilities by ensuring the accessibility of our facilities and services. Accommodations, including alternative formats, are available for all parts of the recruitment and selection process. For more information or to request an accommodation please contact the Human Resources Department at 807- 468-9861