Lake of the Woods District Hospital (LWDH) are looking for a Surgical Services Department Registered Nurse! For more information on this LEAP job posting, check out the details below!
Are you looking for a dynamic nursing specialty career opportunity? Do you like the idea of thinking on your feet in fast-paced environments? As a RN working in the OR Department at Lake of the Woods District Hospital (LWDH) you will working in pre-op, recovery room and the OR theatre. This will include treating patients who are suffering from trauma, injury or severe medical conditions that require surgical treatment and you will assist with scheduled elective surgeries. Visiting specialists provide an expanded surgical experience in a fast-paced team environment. As an integral member of the healthcare team you will have the opportunity to handle situations with care and confidence ensuring a positive patient care journey.
- Current registration with College of Nurses of Ontario
- Current Certification in BLS (Basic Life Support) and demonstrated ongoing competence through annual re-certification.
- Current Certification in ACLS required
- Certification in IV Therapy with demonstrated ongoing competence
- Postgraduate program for preoperative preparation
- Certification in perioperative nursing (CPN-C ) preferred
- Minimum of two (2) years clinical O.R. experience.
- Ability to function independently in a perioperative setting
- Knowledge and experience of First Nations culture an asset
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to function in a stressful environment
- Ability to meet physical and mental requirements of the position.
- Able and willing to participate on on-call schedule and respond to calls within 30 minutes
- Demonstrate knowledge/experience in teaching perioperative care plans to surgical patients
- Ability to perform critical assessments of unconscious post-operative patients and direct postoperative pain management
- Ability to perform critical assessments of day surgical patient needs
- Ability to function as part of multidisciplinary team
- Reliable attendance record
Please send applications through the online application process at: https://lwdh.talentpoolbuilder.com/Registered+Nurse+-++Surgical+Services+Part-Time+%280.6+FTE%29/56587/
We thank all applicants for their interest, but advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted. The LWDH is committed to diversity and inclusivity in our employment practices. We promote the independence, dignity, integration, and equality of opportunity with persons with disabilities by ensuring the accessibility of our facilities and services. Accommodations, including alternative formats, are available for all parts of the recruitment and selection process. For more information or to request an accommodation please contact the Human Resources Department at 807- 468-9861