Lake of the Woods District Hospital are looking for Registered Nurses for various departments! For more information on this LEAP job posting, check out the details below!
Lake of the Woods District Hospital is actively seeking Registered Nurses (RN) throughout the hospital. Our hospital offers opportunities in a variety of specialty areas such as maternity, emergency, Intensive Care Unit as well as opportunities throughout many of the other programs such as, Ambulatory Care, Acute Adult Medicine, Pediatrics, Acute Medical/Surgical and Mental Health.
Why work at our hospital? We offer:
- In-house training opportunities to enhance skillset and learn specialty areas
- HOOPP pension eligibility for all staff
- Benefit plans for casual, part-time, and full-time
The Lake of the Woods District Hospital is an accredited healthcare facility located on iconic Lake of the Woods in Kenora, Ontario. We’re creating history through being one of the first 24 Ontario Health Teams and being an active partner in the healthcare transformation that is occurring in the province. Currently, we are in the process of working collaboratively with All Nations Health Partners to plan and build a new All Nations Hospital, providing existing staff the ability to shape the future of healthcare in Kenora.
- Must be able to function independently and demonstrate competence in Acute Care and/orComplex Continuing Care Nursing Practice within an RN scope of practice
- Responsible for maintaining and providing proof of registration with the College of Nurses ofOntario (CNO)
- Ability to respond to dynamic patient care needs
- Current Certification in BLS
- ALCS, TNCC, PALS, 2Lead ECG Rhythm Interpretation an asset
- CTAS training preferred for Emergency Department assignments
- Certification in IV Therapy with demonstrated ongoing competence
- Current certification in WHMIS
- Certification in CPI an asset
- Knowledge of First Nations Culture an asset
- Reliable attendance record
Please apply through the online application process via https://lwdh.talentpoolbuilder.com/
We thank all applicants for their interest, but advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted. Please prepare your application in accordance with the qualifications posted in the job advertisement. Applications will be screened based on the posted qualifications. The LWDH is committed to diversity and inclusivity in our employment practices. We promote the independence, dignity, integration, and equality of opportunity with persons with disabilities by ensuring the accessibility of our facilities and services. Accommodations, including alternative formats, are available for all parts of the recruitment and selection process. For more information or to request an accommodation please contact the Human Resources Department at 807-468-9861