Join Birchwood Long Term Care Home nestled in the heart of Kenora surrounded by the beautiful Lake of the Woods. Located in Northern Ontario, you can enjoy the outdoors with fishing, hunting and many cultural opportunities. We are active participants in our community and give back in so many ways. Now you can too!
At Birchwood Terrace we strive to create an environment of teamwork which supports the success of our team members. We are proud of our professional appearance, language and how we respond to each request. Most importantly we engage in meaningful interactions and build relationships for life.
Being a Registered Practical Nurse (RPN) is more than just a job, it is an opportunity to make a difference in the lives of the people we serve. We work in a homelike environment and ensure a safe and caring services.
Our vision is to bridge lives together with meaning and purpose. This applies to both our residents and team members!
- Engage with our residents and other staff members. Build relationships. Be a friend.
- Provide leadership to team members ensuring compliance with established standards of practice to ensure delivery of quality care and services.
- Assess the needs of our residents, updating care plans and providing support to front line care givers.
- Participate in the orientation of new team members.
- Current certificate of competence from the College of Nurses of Ontario or eligible for registration with the Registered Practical Nurses Association of Ontario. No previous LTC experience is required. We are simply looking for individuals with passion and a caring heart who want to be an active team member within our community.
- Comprehensive knowledge of nursing and health care practices, as well as knowledge in Infection Control Practices.
Need More Information? Call Pat at 807-468-8625 to learn more about this opportunity.
How to Apply: email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or come in and meet with us.
In Ontario, Extendicare, ParaMed Home Health Care and affiliated organizations including our partner homes in Extendicare Assist, accommodate the needs of job applicants throughout its recruitment and selection processes in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Accommodation needs must be provided in advance. To discuss your needs, please contact the individual noted in the posting.