Genesis Community Rehabilitation Inc. are looking for Rehabilitation Support Workers! For more information on this LEAP job posting, check out the details below!
The rehabilitation support worker’s primary function is to assist clients with achieving their optimal level of independence. Under the direction of a regulated healthcare professional, the rehabilitation support worker provides support services to clients living with the effects of an acquired brain injury, mental health issues, spinal cord injuries and/or various complex needs. Programs that may be implemented include life skills retraining, behavioral management, cognitive remediation, community reintegration, educational and vocational support.
- University or college degree/diploma in a relevant field.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience working directly with people with acquired brain injuries and complex injuries. Applicants with less than two years’ experience will not be considered for a position.
- Experience working under a Regulated Health Care team
- Current crisis intervention training (CPI, Safe Management, UMAB)
- Current First Aid/CPR Current valid Police check/vulnerable sector screening.
- Valid driver’s license and access to a reliable vehicle, 6A endorsement and 2 million Auto Insurance coverage is essential
- Please note fluency in a second language is an asset. Please note any languages you speak in your cover letter
Please email resume & cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org