The Women’s Shelter, Saakaate House is looking for a Relief Resident Counsellor! For more information on this job posting, check out the details below!
• Crisis line
• Child care assistance
• Peer counseling
• Facilitating activities in a safe residential setting
• Minor housekeeping tasks
• Training staff and students occasionally
• Respecting strict confidentiality
• Training/Orientation will be provided
• Post-Secondary education in relevant field or equivalent education and practical experience, Social Services Diploma preferred.
• Thorough understanding of women’s issues; the dynamics and effects of violence against women, effect on children witnessing and/or experiencing violence against women.
• Demonstrated understanding of and commitment to working within a feminist perspective
• Demonstrated understanding of and commitment to anti-racism/anti-oppressions principles
• Proven conflict resolution skills with co-workers and clients
• Ability to role model positive, appropriate parenting and child care approaches
• Understanding of child protection risk assessment as it pertains to children in shelter
• Ability to take initiative and work independently and cooperatively as part of a support team
• Good written and oral communication skills
• Effective use of healthy boundaries
• Computer literacy abilities
• Understanding and appreciations of Aboriginal cultural values and the ability to develop culturally appropriate approaches and interventions.
• Ability to access wide range of resources from both aboriginal and non-native communities on behalf of the clients.
• 5 years shelter front line experience
Please forward your resume and cover letter to:
Chrysti Savage, Program Manager
Women’s Shelter, Saakaate House Inc.
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org