Kenora District Services Board is hiring a Resource Consultant (Sioux Lookout)! For more information about this LEAP job posting, check out the details below!
Competition #EY 23-09
Dedicated to improving lives, the Kenora District Services Board (KDSB) is the integrated service delivery agency providing help and support when you need it. With forward thinking and engaged employees, we deliver Ontario Works, Social Housing, Early Learning and Child Care, and Land Ambulance to current and future clients.
We are currently seeking to hire one (1) permanent full-time Resource Consultant located in Sioux Lookout, Ontario to join our Early Years team. Our employees enjoy a healthy work environment, development opportunities, and an opportunity to make a difference in the lives of others.
Reporting to the Inclusion Quality Assurance and Training Coordinator, the Resource Consultant is responsible for providing information, support and consultation services to the families and Early Learning Programs in a collaborative and flexible manner that supports the principles of inclusion and a family-centred approach.
Employer Name: Kenora District Services Board
City: Sioux Lookout
Postal Code: P8T 1H4
Application Deadline: February 2nd, 2023
Hours of Work: Permanent, Full-time
Job Type: Full-Time
Wages: The hourly wage for this position is $31.34 in accordance with the collective agreement.
Duties of this LEAP Job Posting:
- Implements programming based on emergent curriculum and the Ministry of Education’s document “How Does Learning Happen? Ontario’s Pedagogy for the Early Years”. This document incorporates the Four Foundations for Learning and Development: Belonging, Well-Being, Engagement and Expression
- Responsible for enrolment and orientation of new families of children receiving special need resourcing.
- Maintains open communication with parents through written correspondence and parent meetings.
- Development and implement Individual Program Plans for children with special needs. Ensuring all required documentation and written consent forms are completed.
- Maintain resource files for children on case load and ensure current information and reports are shared with program staff.
- Update monthly resource statistics which includes number of informal and formal children.
- Complete any necessary referrals.
- Participate in any case conferences regarding children as required.
- Provide resources necessary to support Individual Support Plan objectives.
- Collaborate with staff to develop supportive programming based on observations made of children within program.
- Collaborate with families and partnering agencies to complete the transition to school documents for children entering school.
- Connect and build partnerships with outside agencies.
- Make referrals on behalf of families.
- Actively participate in services provided to children by third party agencies.
- Build strong connections with families, offering continued support and ensuring open communication.
- Participate in ongoing professional development opportunities such as workshops, conferences, and meetings. Prepare report and share with colleagues and/or staff information learned during these opportunities.
- Take an active role in regular network and team/staff meetings as required.
- Collaborate with others in maintaining a positive working environment.
- Works 70% of the time supporting and observing children in child care programs, both indoors and outdoors based on child and program needs. 20% of the time is in a shared office space, with remainder of time spent assisting in planning and/or attending, case conferences, workshops, or training.
- Other related duties as assigned.
Qualifications for this LEAP Job Posting:
- A satisfactory Vulnerable Sector Check.
- First Aid, including Infant and Child CPR (or the willingness to obtain)
- Up to date immunization record, including TB skin test (or the willingness to obtain)
- Required to possess and maintain a valid Class “G” Ontario driver’s license and have access to a reliable vehicle for travel or the ability to rent.
- Ontario Early Childhood Education Diploma & Resource Teacher Certificate or equivalent and must be registered with the College of Early Childhood Educators.
- Three (3) years previous experience within a child care setting or related program.
- General knowledge of child care philosophies, licensing regulations and pertinent legislation related to day care operations.
How To Apply to this LEAP Job Posting:
Interested applicants are invited to submit a cover letter and resume, by email, referencing the competition number in the subject line of the e-mail to:
Human Resources Department
Kenora District Services Board
THIS POSTING WILL REMAIN OPEN UNTIL FILLED.
Confidential information provided by applicants will be used for the purpose of this competition only and will be protected in accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
While all responses are appreciated, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
. The KDSB will make accommodations available wherever possible to applicants with disabilities upon request during the recruitment process. The KDSB is an equal opportunity employer.
Advertising Method: General Ad