Animakee Wa Zhing #37 is hiring a Resource Development Analyst – Regina Bay! For more information on this LEAP job posting, check out the details below!
Animakee Wa Zhing #37 is seeking applications for a Resource Development Analyst with ongoing duties as the Core Consultation Point Person of the New Relationship Fund Project. The purpose of the position is to provide capacity to the First Nation community in developing relationships with the public and private sector parties where indigenous interests exist in relation to lands and resources. Other duties include consultation with other First Nations in building sustainability and protection to the lands that may be impacted by the public and private sectors. The Resource Development Analyst will work under the supervision and direction of the Band Manager and Chief and Council.
Roles and Responsibilities
- To become the core consultation point person for all forthcoming consultations by the public and private sectors;
- To increase capacity of the consultation process for the First Nation;
- Develop a workplan and budget and complete all reports as necessary to meet the requirements of the funding agreement;
- Facilitation of meetings, events and workshops pertaining to the workplan and budget;
- Compile information of the consultation process and current information of lands and resources and ensure that the proper responses are made to sustain a viable outcome that will benefit the First Nation;
- Collaborate with Chief and Council on various consultation processes and assist in building capacity to the First Nation as directed;
- Participate in training opportunities;
- To record and take notes at meetings, events and workshops; and
- Other duties as requested.
- Grade 12 education;
- Presentation skills, facilitation skills and excellent organizational skills;
- Fluency in the Ojibway language is an asset;
- Excellent oral and written skills;
- Must be able to complete all required reports in an efficient and timely manner;
- Knowledge of Microsoft programs is an asset;
- Must have some knowledge of the provincial Regulations, Acts and legislation pertaining to lands and resources; and
- Must possess a G licence and have access to own transportation.
The Hiring Committee would like to thank all who apply but only those selected for interviews will be contacted. Animakee Wa Zhing #37 will offer the successful applicant a competitive annual salary, with a group benefit and pension plan. Please apply via email to: email@example.com When applying you must include a detailed cover letter, detailed resume, a copy of your current (within 30 days) criminal records check which includes a vulnerable sector check (or proof that it has been applied for), and three references. This position is open until filled.