Emcon Services Inc. is looking for Road Superintendent! For more information on this LEAP job posting, check out the details below!
Reporting to the Operations Manager, the Road Superintendent is responsible for:
- Coordinating and implementing the work programs in a safe, productive and cost-effective manner;
- Positive interaction and maintaining productive working relationships with other supervisory staff, office and technical staff, Ministry of Transportation personnel, emergency personnel and the travelling public;
- Direct Supervision of positions such as Equipment Operators and WRF/Patroller involved in maintenance contract work as well as other contracted work;
- Coordinating and directing of the workforce in the performance of their duties;
Other duties as assigned
Emcon Services Inc.is a proud Canadian based company with over 30 years of success as an interprovincial Road and Bridge Maintenance Contractor. We currently have an opportunity for an enthusiastic individual to join our team in Kenora, Ontario as a Road Superintendent.
- Are you a leader?
- Do you have Road and Bridge Maintenance experience?
- Do you enjoy the outdoors?
- Do you enjoy the challenges of a fast pace ever changing environment?
If you answered yes, we want you to join our team!
The successful candidate must have:
- A thorough understanding of highway maintenance specifications and quality assurance program;
- Experience in Provincial and Municipal highway maintenance field;
- Proven supervisory skills;
- Helpful, friendly and courteous with the public, regulatory agencies and peers;
- Must have a clear understanding of Health and Safety requirement and legislation;
- Excellent communication and leadership skills;
- Proficient computer knowledge and ability to navigate our industry programs;
- Prior experience working within a union environment is an asset;
- Physically able to meet all requirements and perform satisfactorily all Highway Maintenance and emergency assignments in a manner that promotes cost effective operations, staff co-operation and working in a safe and environmentally friendly manner at all times.
This is a non-union, salaried, management position. Closing Date May 19, 2021
Emcon Services has the following conditions of employment: satisfactory drug pre-screening and Driver’s Abstract. Qualified applicants are encouraged to forward their resume and covering letter to: email@example.com
Emcon Services Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for interview will be contacted. Emcon Services Inc. will provide accommodation for individuals with accessibility needs.