Red Lake Margaret Cochenour Memorial Hospital is hiring a Safe Beds Program Manager! For more information about this LEAP job posting, check out the details below!
The Safe Beds Program provides residential support to persons who are in mental health and / or addiction crisis and in contact with the police and / or Mobile Crisis Teams. This is a brand new program to the communities of Red Lake / Ear Falls and we are recruiting for a Program Manager who is excited about the benefit that the Safe Beds Program will bring to our community!
Working under the direction of the Director of Community Programs, the Program Manager will be responsible for the development, implementation, operation, and ongoing evaluation of the Safe Beds Program. The Program Manager provides direct administrative and clinical supervision to the MHA Therapist and Residential Support Workers. The Program Manager works to enhance the dignity and quality of life of the residents, visitors, and staff by providing support and coaching to enable provision of excellent support, treatment, and care. The Program Manager fosters an environment of respect and dignity for residents and staff.
Employer Name: Red Lake Margaret Cochenour Memorial Hospital
City: Red Lake
Postal Code: P0V 2M0
Application Deadline: October 10th, 2022
Hours of Work: Monday – Friday, 35 hours per week. Must be flexible to provide occasional coverage during evenings / weekends.
Job Type: Full-Time
Wages: Competitive salary, including health / dental, pension, disability insurance, paid vacation / personal days, relocation assistance.
Duties of this LEAP Job Posting:
- Oversees the day-to-day operations of the Safe Beds Program and workers. Develops, implements and maintains staffing schedules.
- Provides direct administrative and clinical supervision, support and direction to the assigned workers.
- Assists in resident care including accepting referrals, completing intakes, monitoring and working individually and in group settings with residents of the Safe Bed Program.
- Ensures that care and service delivery is of high quality and aligned with best practices, including the admission, assessment, treatment planning, and delivery of therapeutic interventions, follow-up, referral, and discharge of clients.
- Makes informed decisions based on clinical experience and in consultation with key partners to determine appropriate action in complex, ambiguous, or urgent situations.
- Assists with crisis intervention, as needed.
- Ensures that the program and staff are compliant with all policies, procedures and applicable legislation.
- Builds and maintains a cohesive Safe Bed Team that includes regular team meetings and education.
- Represents the Safe Bed Program in the community and develops and maintains strong partnerships and linkages with other organizations.
- Contributes to the organization’s activities to collect, analyze and report on data, and participate in research.
- Applies a client centered, non-judgmental approach to providing services.
Qualifications for this LEAP Job Posting:
- Bachelors or Masters level degree in regulated and related profession, ie. Social Work, Nursing, Occupational Therapy. Must hold current registration with appropriate regulatory body.
- Must be able to supervise the controlled act of psychotherapy.
- Five years of experience working in a community setting with persons with mental health and addictions issues. Supervisory experience is an asset.
- Experience in individual and group counseling and interventions, as well as crisis management.
- Skilled in risk assessment, addiction / screening assessment and the ability to de-escalate threatening behaviors.
- Knowledge of the criminal justice system, Mental Health Act, and the Ontario Human Rights Code.
- Must be client focused with the ability to foster an environment of respect and dignity for residents / program participants.
- Access to own vehicle and a valid Ontario Driver’s License.
- Current First Aid, CPR, ASIST, & CPI are an asset.
- Ability to communicate in local Indigenous language(s) is an asset.
How To Apply to this LEAP Job Posting:
Please submit cover letter and resume to Pearl Fleming at firstname.lastname@example.org
Advertising Method: General Ad