YMCA-YWCA Camp Stephens is hiring a Sailing Coordinator! For more information on this LEAP job posting, check out the details below!
Do you love working with children? Want to help provide a high-quality camp experience for every child? Excited about spending your Spring and Summer on an island in beautiful Lake of the Woods? Camp Stephens provides a unique opportunity for everyone. As the Sailing Coordinator you will oversee the sail program and all sailboats. You will also ensure all campers and participants have a safe, fun and positive experience.
Why work at the Y?
- Great people and work environment with an amazing view
- Complimentary Y individual membership
- Many opportunities for growth and advancement
- Super rewarding job, helping kids connect with nature
- We are awesome!
Employer Name: YMCA-YWCA Camp Stephens
Postal Code: P9N 1W2
Application Deadline: February 29, 2024
Hours of Work: Full Time, Spring/Summer Fixed Term Employment Opportunity, Spring (May-June) & Summer (late June-September 1, 2024-dates TBD)
Job Type: Summer
Wages: New hire-$350.00 per week & Returning staff-$375.00 per week (plus room & board)
Duties of this LEAP Job Posting:
- Able to coordinator and monitor the sailing program ensuring program quality and efficiency
- Able to complete daily logs
- Able to assist in camp-wide programming
- Able to monitor and ensure proper maintenance and storage of all equipment and boats
- Able to provide written reports detailing observations, recommendations and inventory
Qualifications for this LEAP Job Posting:
- Standard First Aid & CPR C
- Bronze Cross
- Globally Harmonized System (will train)
- Can Sail 2 or Equivalent
- Pleasure Craft Operator Card (PCOC
- Can Sail 1 & 2 Instructor
- National Lifeguard (NL)
How To Apply to this LEAP Job Posting:
Please apply on recruitment website at:
The Y is entrusted to provide a safe environment for children and vulnerable individuals. All applicants will be thoroughly screened through a review process including Police Record Checks with Vulnerable Sector Search and Child Abuse Registry Checks.
Advertising Method: General Ad